Thank the gods for an idiot psycho

This chapter is dedicated to TheFibonacciCodex because of all their funny comments (go read the chapter let the mating process begin and look at their comments. They just make me laugh/smile every time I see them)

Keegan's POV

"What" I whisper starting to feel light headed. Ashton wraps his arms tighter around me and pulls me closer rubbing the back of my neck. "Keeg... it... it will be ok babe he won't get to you I won't let him" he said starting off weakly but ending strongly. I weakly nod and lean into his embrace my legs going weak and my head feeling even dizzier. "Ashton, Jordan, and Cole I want you to go on shift one of parole. He knows Keegan is here so he may try in break in" Alpha said pointing to the men. "Toby, Will, and R.J you will have shift two. Brendon, Gerard, and I will have shift three. We will rotate every 4 hours. We have to make sure he doesn't get to the house alive, but more importantly that he doesn't even get within a half mile from Keegan do I make myself clear?" All the men nod and start disappearing through out the house.

I clung to Ashton as if he was the only thing keeping me alive. Which to be a hundred percent honest that's the truth. Without him I would already be dead. He pulled me flush against him and he laid his head on top of mine. I tried to hold back my scared tears but a few fell out landing on his shirt.

"Hey babe" he said bringing me back into our reality "I have to go on parole now okay?" It wasn't okay to me I needed him by me, but I knew he had to follow our alphas order. I weakly nod and pull away slowly regaining my ability to stand "Yeah babe it's okay just swear to me you'll be safe... and will come back to me... okay?" He smiled and nodded "a thousand Jackson's couldn't keep me from being here by your side." I pulled him into a love filled kiss. He kissed me with as much love back before pulling away and going to the back door. I followed him to the door where he took off his shirt and handed it to me. "Please don't loose this Keeg it's one of my nice ones." I lightly chuckle and nodded pulling the shirt close to me. He flashed me a reassuring smile and pushed open the back door. Where he changed into his wolf form before running off into the trees.

A little over 3 hours later I had somehow found my way to the den couch and was laying with Ashton's shirt. I heard someone clear their voice behind me and I slowly sat up. Alpha John was looking at me with a saddened face. "He'll be back soon Keegan" he said as he offered me a cup of tea. I thanked him and grabbed the warm cup pulling it up to my lips. I took a small sip "I know but he's my mate I'll miss him even if its only for three second much less four hours."

I paused and sipped again "Plus there's a freaking psycho who wants me dead for no good god damn reason." I said as I swallowed down some more tea. Alpha nodded and sipped some tea leaning against the back of the couch. "I'm sorry Keegan about sending Ashton out, but it wouldn't make sense to send all the other men if your mate wasn't going to be out protecting you. Also if anyone could find Jackson it's Ashton. They were best friends since childhood, they know each other better than anyone. He's the best chance we have of finding that psycho." I nod "I completely understand I just... I just don't understand why Jackson wants me I'm nothing special I'm a freaking werecat in a wolf pack for crying out loud I'm fucking useless. The lowest of lows no one should want me... no one at all" I hear a whine turn into a growl behind me and I turned to see a some what angry and slightly upset looking Ashton. I automatically shrink from the alpha power he was giving off. I may be his mate but I'm still not used to all the power. Ashton automatically stops growling and looks worried at my fear ridden body.

Alpha John took another sip of tea and moved towards the stairs. "We'll I'll just leave you two. I'll be in my office if you need me." He quickly made his way up the stairs.