I never told you about werecats have I?

Ashton's POV

My leg kept bouncing under the table causing my dad to side eye me. "Son I know you're very excited but please stop shaking the table with your leg" my father said to me before entering back into the conversation he was having with his beta. I smile and try to stop, but I'm just to excited to stop moving. I moved back from the table so my bouncing leg wouldn't disturb the others.

"John let him be excited tomorrows the big day" Tino said when he saw my father side eyeing my moving leg again. "You only turn 18 once let him be excited. I mean he finds out about his mate, he gets introduced to the pack as their future alpha; which means he gets to start doing more alpha duties, plus he gets to go to high school no more only alpha training it's a big day for the boy. I'm surprised you aren't more excited alpha." Tino laughed as my father glared at him before laughing. "Nothing wrong with him being excited I just think he needs to stop shaking the table with his excitement."

"Why are we shaking the table?" My future beta/best friend Jackson asked coming to sit next to me at the table. "We more specifically you are not shaking the table young man" Tino Jacksons father said pointing a finger at him. "Ashton's shaking the table cause he's excited." I gave my biggest smile at the three men and we all bust into laughter.

My father and Tino went back into their conversation and I turned to Jackson. I opened my mouth to ask him something but I saw he was deeply invested with something on his phone. I'll bet good money he's texting his one and only Lilly. I've only met Lilly a few times but she seems super sweet a perfect match for Jackson who while a over all good dude can sometimes be an asshole. I hope the gods bless me with a perfect match tomorrow...

"Ashton are you even listening" my father asks in his alpha tone pulling me out of my thoughts. "Sorry father I was thinking and not paying attention what did you say!" Tino laughed before repeating what my father had said while I was thinking "Alpha and I were just going over the plans for the party tomorrow and I asked who you wanted to invite. Do you want it to be more of a intimate thing and you can do the whole pack thing at a later time or do you want the whole pack to be invited?" I couldn't help my leg from bouncing even more "I would love to meet the whole pack. In alpha training I barely met anyone, and to be a good alpha I have to be an alpha for all you taught me that dad. So invite everyone!" I say as my dad smiles wide at me.

"Ugh why do you want the whole pack to come?" Jackson whined at me. I gave him a confused look "why not? to be a good alpha I should meet everyone. I know almost all of the higher ranking members I should meet even the low ranking ones too." Jackson rolled his eyes "fine... but how about we just invited the wolves?" I stare at him for a minute "what do you mean by that... we're all wolves... so like I said invite the whole pack." The way Jackson worded that made me confused and my chest slightly tighten. I turned to Tino and my father for clearance.

"Jackson" my dad let out a sigh then continued "I still don't know why you have a problem with Keegan. He's been in this pack for a couple years and he's been nothing but a wonderful addition. He is part of this pack whether you like him or not." Jackson looked to his alpha and shrugged "he's not a wolf, he's lower than a wolf I don't know why you accept him." My father turned to his beta "Tino would you please talk to your son about this. Also could you have that talk somewhere else I need some time to talk privately to Ashton?" The beta nodded before walking over to Jackson and forcefully pulling him out of the room.

I turn to my dad and scoot my chair closer to him. "Dad what did Jackson mean by he's not a wolf... that someone was lower than a wolf?" My father sat silently in his chair for a moment before answering. "As alpha of this pack you know I decide who can be pack and who can't." I nod in understand and he continues "as part of that duty I'm allowed to accept anyone I want. We have a member of our pack who is not a werewolf... he's a werecat." I stare at my father as I think. "As you know there are different kinds of weres out there; we just happen to have one in our pack. He's actually around your age. When he was 16 his pack sent him to go out and find a new pack so he could start his life and he found us." I nod I was still confused but now less so. "Since he is one a cat and two an outsider coming in that means he's low ranking... actually he is the lowest ranking. He is ranked lower than the omega." My chest tightens more slightly hurting as my dad says that.

"You'll meet him tomorrow at the party. He's a really sweet kid. Some people like Jackson don't much care for him cause he's different, but I know you'll be a good alpha for him as well." I nod my head furiously in agreement "I swear I'll be a good alpha for everyone. It will be hard but I'll make those who don't like lower ranking members like them in the end."

My dad smiled as he stood up and stretched. He ruffled my hair and started to walk towards the door. "You should probably start getting ready for bed son you have a big day tomorrow of become a better alpha then all the alphas before you." I smile at his worlds "goodnight dad I'll see you in the morning."

I stood up and went up the stairs. I did the things I always do before going to bed. I brushed my teeth, changing into pj's, and ran back downstairs to give my mom a kiss on the cheek. I went into my room and laid on my bed slowly pulling the covers over me. I tried to clear my mind so I could actually sleep and not excitedly stay up all night, but I kept thinking about werecats. Slowly but surly the slight tightness in my chest dulled into a warm heat, and I passed out dreaming of the future.