Happy early birthday

Keegan's POV

My head felt foggy and all the sounds I hear sounded so far away. I shook my head and things started coming in clearer. I started hearing the sound of a couple people laughing. I tried to open my eyes, but everything hurt to much. Along with the sound of laughing I hear a muddled voice. The voice now coming in sharper said "looks like the little pussy's coming to". Jackson my brain supplied as the world finally came back together for me.

I slowly succeed in opening my eyes taking in the small group around me. Only to have them forced closed again from the pain of a boot connecting with my chest. I curl up to protect my chest only to feel someone else kick one of my legs. I kept most of my pain noises to myself knowing my cries would only make them kick harder. With my very sensitive hearing I could hear some teachers down the hall from group discussing if they should stop what was happing, but I knew they wouldn't. It happens to me all the time.

The final bell rang signaling school was over. The group around me quickly dispersed. Leaving me bloody and bruised on the ground. I tried to pull myself up a few times before finally making it successfully to my feet the fourth time. I slowly limped my way to the doors as I was about to finally leave the god forsaken building I remembered I had gotten detention thanks to our 'lovely' beta. I started to turn around to head to the class room when my vision went out of sink again. I closed my eyes and took in a breath before muttering "fuck it" and opening the door leaving the school.

It was just before night fall when I got back to my apartment. I live alone so I luckily don't have to answer any questions  as to 'why I wasn't home till nightfall' or 'why I was spotting a few more bruises and cuts then yesterday'. See when I turned 16 my mom said I must 'go out and find my own pack'. She gave me the money she had be saving up for me since I was born, a phone, a kiss on the check, and sent me on my way. She had this feeling I wouldn't be able to find my 'true purpose' if I stayed in the pack anymore. At first I agreed I mean something drew me to this pack after all, but after 2  years of almost daily abuse I'm not sure if her 'feeling' was right.

Hmmm it actually hasn't been 2 full years yet; it's been 1 year and 364 days. That reminds me my birthday is tomorrow. Do I really care about turning 18... not really... well okay the prospect of finding my mate is exciting, but that's the only reason. When were-creatures turn 18 they get to find out 1 do they have a mate and 2 who it is... usually anyway. I highly doubt I'll get a mate I mean with my luck I doubt I'll even ever find someone willing to have a relationship with me; let alone want to be my other half to have and to hold to protect me as I will protect them... you know all that sappy jazz. Also the whole I'm gay thing ... and a werecat doesn't help my cause... However I am a hopeless romantic though so I'm going to hope for the best and let the gods decide my fate.

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in as I walk into the kitchen, and grabbed a zip bag filling it with ice for my different bruising areas. I make my way back into the living room type area and flip onto the couch. I try to get comfy as I pull my phone out of my pocket. I click on the screen to see I have two missed calls. The first was from my mom the second from my friend Sam who's part of my mom's pack. I listen to my voicemail to see what they wanted. My mom and Sam both said they just wanted to wish me a early happy birthday because they can't call tomorrow for some reason... kinda weird but at the same time not really. I send them each a different text thanking them for thinking of me.

I pulled out my headphones plugged them in and let the lovely sound of the song For Baltimore by All Time Low fill my head. I rearranged the ice filled bag as I stretched out on the couch trying to find the perfect spot before falling fast asleep.