Chapter 2

A couple of days later my phone rang and it was a number I didn't recognise. "Hello" I said expecting it to be a sales call or a wrong number.

"Hi Mia, it's Chris from the other night." a deep voice said and my heart skipped a beat.

"Hi Chris how are you?"

"I'm fine. I was wondering if you fancied that drink tonight? I've been working in the studio the last couple of days but today we've finished early and got the rest of the night off."

I couldn't believe my ears. When I hadn't heard from him for over 24 hours I assumed he wouldn't call. I could feel my heart racing, was this a date? "Yeah I'd love to." I told him trying to sound cool and calm "What time shall I meet you and where?"

"Could you make it in about an hour? Maybe in the same bar I met you in the other night?"

"Yeah that sounds great. I'll see you in an hour."

"I'll look forward to it." he said and then he was gone leaving me panicking about getting ready and what I was going to wear.

I rushed into my bedroom and hunted through my wardrobe discarding things I thought weren't suitable until I settled on a pretty yellow dress. I jumped in the shower, then got dressed and quickly did my hair and makeup. Forty five minutes later I was waiting for a cab leaving behind me a trail of destruction in my apartment to be cleared up later.

When the cab dropped me outside the bar I took a deep breath to calm my nerves before heading in to see if Chris was already there. As I looked around I heard a voice call out "Mia over here." As I turned to face where the voice had come from I could see Chris sitting with a group of people. My heart sank just a little, I guess I should have known that he wouldn't be asking me out on a date. I tried to put a smile on my face and hide how I was feeling as he stood and walked towards me. Once he reached my side he said "I'm so glad you could come." Then he kissed me on the cheek before continuing "There's some people I'd like you to meet."

We walked over to the group of people he had been sat with "So this is Taylor" he gestured towards a skinny, blonde guy in shorts and T shirt who smiled at me "And this is Rami" a tall dark haired man in jeans and shirt "we're in a band together..."

"A band?" I asked.

"Yeah we're in the Foo Fighters. Ever heard of them?" Rami asked.

"What, the famous rock band with Dave Grohl?" I asked completely shocked.

"Yeah that's the one." Rami answered laughing.

I turned to Chris "You didn't tell me that" I blurted out.

"Well I didn't really get the chance the other night. Why would it have made a difference?"

I thought for a moment "Well I guess not. No"

Chris shrugged "Well you know now anyway." Then he carried on with the introductions "And this is Rami's girlfriend Christine." She was a beautiful woman, tall, slim and dressed in the most amazing clothes. "Guys this is Mia the girl I told you about from the other night." They all said hello and that it was nice to meet me and I did the same. "Right let me get you a drink. Beer?" Chris asked. I nodded my agreement and sat down next to Taylor as he went over to the bar.

I felt a little uncomfortable sat amongst all these people especially now I knew they were famous rock musicians but they all chatted to me and slowly I began to relax. As we talked Taylor kept placing his hand on my arm and as I looked at him properly for the first time I noticed just how sexy he was. As he looked at me and smiled I noticed he had deep hazel eyes that I could happily float away in. "Well Chris didn't tell me just how sexy you were" he said quietly leaning in close to me as he spoke. I giggled a little and blushed as butterflies took flight inside me. I looked away from him for a moment but as I looked back our eyes met once more and I felt my cheeks go even redder.

"Here you go." I heard Chris say as he placed my drink on the table. As I turned to face him he looked at first me and then Taylor with a slightly strange look on his face.

"Thanks." I told him as he sat down beside me.

"So have these guys been making you feel at home?" he asked.

"Yes they've been great." I replied.

"Of course we have." Taylor said grinning "I mean who wouldn't look after such a gorgeous young lady? Why didn't you tell us how lovely she was?"

Again I felt myself blush as I looked into his gorgeous eyes and my breath caught in my throat as I felt his hand rest on my leg. I noticed Chris give him a hard look as he answered a harsh tone to his voice. "I only spoke to Mia for five minutes. Tonight was supposed to be for me to say thank you to her not to provide you with a date."

"Well maybe it can be both." Taylor replied cheekily as he winked at me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Chris grab his drink from the table and take a huge gulp as Rami and Christine exchanged glances.

As the evening went on Taylor kept flirting, I hadn't been made to feel this special in ages. It was good to have someone interested in me even if it had turned out not to be the person I was expecting. Chris talked less and less as the evening went on so I just enjoyed Taylor's company and all his gentle touches that gave me shivers. I had been disappointed when I first arrived and saw Chris' friends sat there but actually now I was glad they were here. I hadn't had this much fun in a long time.

As it started to get late Taylor leaned over and whispered in my ear "So how about you meet me tomorrow night so we can have some time alone?"

I looked over at him a little shocked. I was enjoying the flirting but I'd thought it was just that, a bit of fun to pass the evening I hadn't expected him to want to see me again. He smiled at me. I opened my mouth to answer but no words came out. My throat was dry and my heart was racing at the thought of this sexy man asking me on a date. I swallowed hard as he continued to stare deep into my eyes and I nodded to show my agreement.  "That's perfect." he almost purred into my ear "How about you slip me your number before you leave and I'll call you tomorrow?" My head was spinning and again all I could do was nod.

"Is everything alright?" I heard Chris ask bringing me back down to earth with a bump.

I shook my head to try and clear it before answering "Yes of course." I noticed him looking at me kind of strangely, he looked almost disappointed somehow and I didn't quite know what to do. I decided I needed a few minutes to myself to clear my head and excused myself to go to the bathroom. Once in the ladies I stood for a few minutes leaning on the sink trying to process what had happened that night. As I looked up at my reflection in the mirror I couldn't help but grin. Chris may not be interested in me but the sexy blonde out there seemed to be. I grabbed a piece of paper form my bag and quickly scribbled my number on it. Then I folded it up in my hand so no one could see it and walked back out into the bar. As I sat back down I placed my hand on Taylor's and passed the piece of paper to him. He looked at me and grinned.

A short time later as the amount of people in the bar was thinning out Rami said "Well I think me and Christine are gonna head home. After all we do have another busy day in the studio tomorrow."

"Yeah that's not a bad idea" Chris replied and then turned to me. "Well it was nice seeing you again Mia and thanks again for the other night."

"You're welcome" I told him. He was a really nice guy and it was kind of him to invite me out to meet his friends and say thank you. "I should be going too" I told him "After all I do have work tomorrow."

With that we all stood to leave. As we did Taylor whispered "Until tomorrow then." and flashed that grin of his. I just smiled at him but said nothing.