Chapter 8

The next day I text Taylor and invited him round. I told him we'd order takeaway but I'd actually planned a nice dinner for him. I hoped I could start to prove to him that he meant more to me than just sex. Now as I waited for him to arrive I had to admit I was feeling kind of nervous. The meal was nearly ready, the table was set and I just hoped he liked what I'd done for him.

When the doorbell rang I almost ran to answer it. I pulled open the door to find him stood with that smile on his face that melted my heart. "Hey" he said as he stepped in. I closed the door and as I turned around he immediately took me in his arms and claimed my lips. The passion in that kiss took my breath away. His hands explored my body as I started to come to my senses and wrap my arms around him.

When he finally came up for air I pulled back a little, grinned and said to him "We need to eat first."

"It's not takeaway I'm hungry for." he replied a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Well we're not having takeaway. I've cooked you a meal."

"Oh!" he said looking a bit surprised. He loosened his grip on me a little and I managed to wriggle from his arms.

"Come on or it'll be burnt." I took his hand and led him into the kitchen where the table was ready, the candle already lit.

"Wow!" was all he said.

"Take a seat and I'll get the food." He sat down, looking quite shocked. I hoped that meant he was starting to realise how much he meant to me.

When I came back and placed the plates on the table I smiled at him. He took a bite and then grabbed a drink of water. "Be careful it's hot" I laughed.

"Not as hot as you." he replied that hungry look in his eyes as he grinned at me. I giggled and blushed a little.

As we ate I decided I should try and make conversation to show him I was interested in him as a person. "So how did you get into drumming then?" I asked.

"It was just something I tried out as a kid, you know." he shrugged and carried on eating.

I tried again with "What about family, do you have any brothers or sisters?"

"Yeah I've got a brother, Jason and a sister, Heather."

I waited but he didn't elaborate or ask me any questions. I kept trying throughout the meal but Taylor didn't seem to want to share much about himself or ask anything about me. I couldn't understand why this was so awkward. Chatting with Chris was always much more relaxed.

When we'd finished eating I cleared the table a little downhearted. I'd really hoped this evening would bring us closer together. As I stood by the sink I felt his arms slide round my waist and his lips brush my neck. I shivered at his light touch. "Thank you for the meal. It was delicious." he said against my neck as his teasing kisses continued. I smiled. Maybe he just wasn't good at small talk I decided. He seemed to appreciate the effort I'd made anyway.

I turned in his arms to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I pressed my lips gently to his and as I did he pulled me tight against him, immediately deepening the kiss. The speed this man moved took my breath away. He ran his hand up my back and into my hair as his tongue played with mine. His other hand made it's way under my skirt and stroked my thigh. I gasped as my skin tingled from his touch. "You are so sexy." he muttered as his lips left mine and headed down my neck. I let my head fall back to enjoy the touch of his lips on my skin as the butterflies inside took flight.

I pushed my hands under his shirt to feel his warm skin beneath my fingers and then gently ran my finger nails across his back. He groaned and pushed my back against the sink so I could feel his hardness through our clothes. I slid one of my hands between us and stroked him outside his shorts. I felt his hands start to move over me and before I knew what was happening he was pulling at my shirt. I moved my arms so he could take it over my head and he tossed my shirt aside and placed his hands on my breasts, giving them a squeeze. The sensations running around inside made me moan.