Chapter 14

I went straight home after I left Chris. I didn't want to see anyone. I just wanted to shut myself away from the world. I spent the day curled up on the sofa under a blanket, watching TV, feeling sorry for myself. I was dozing when my phone rang and startled me. When I looked it was Chris. For a moment I hesitated, not sure if I wanted to talk to him just yet. I still felt embarrassed at going round to him last night when I was upset.

In the end I decided to take the call, I figured he'd only worry if I didn't.

"Hi" I said

"Hey Mia. How are you feeling?"

"I'm OK thanks."

"Yeah?" he questioned like he didn't believe me.

"I'm fine Chris..." I said, not wanting him to know about my pity party

"Ok. Good. Look I was thinking..."
There was a slight pause as if he didnt know if he would continue.

"What...?" I said cause I was curious now

"Well... now I've finished my recording with the Foos I'm gonna be concentrating on getting ready for my solos shows..."
Pause again. What is this...?

"....and?" I pleaded

"So why don't you come and stay with me for a few days and we can rehearse together?"

"Stay at your place?" I asked. It was the last thing I'd expected him to say.

"Well yeah. I've got loads of room and I figured maybe you could do with some company...?"

"Yeah... maybe. But I don't want to be in your way. In your house..."

"Don't be silly, you would never be in my way! Besides I don't like the idea of you being alone right now..."

"I'm a big girl I can handle myself."

"I know you can. But... I feel kinda responsible for the way you feel now..."

"Why?"

"Cause I introduced you to that... bastard"
I laughed a little when I heard Chris calling Taylor a bastard.

"See you're laughing already!" He laughed too

"Yeah. I am. And yes, he's a bastard!"

"So what do you say? We need to rehearse anyway."

All of a sudden the idea seemed like the perfect thing to do. Being with him was exactly what I needed to forget about Taylor. Rehearsing would keep my mind occupied and Chris was fun to be with.

"OK sounds like a good idea."

"I'll pick you up in a couple of hours then?"

"I'll be ready." I told him.

"Great. See you soon. Bye Mia."

"Bye Chris."

I smiled as I threw back the blanket and headed for the shower. I was so glad I had him as a friend. After my shower I pulled on clean jeans and a T shirt and started packing my bag ready for Chris to collect me. I was almost ready when my phone rang. As I picked it up I saw Christine's name on the screen.

"Hi Christine."

"Hi Mia. How are you?"

"I'm ok. Why?

"I just wanted to call and make sure you were alright. Rami said that Taylor and Chris had some sort of fight today at the studio."

"Fight?"

"Yeah. He said Chris was really angry and he thought it was about something Taylor had done to you."

"Oh right. So the whole band know?"