Chapter 24

I opened my eyes as I felt something brushing my cheek. When my eyes came into focus I saw Chris' face smiling down at me
"Hello sleepy head." he said softly before leaning down and gently kissing my lips.
I could still feel his hand resting on my cheek as I smiled up at him.
"Morning." I replied.
"Only just" he laughed.
"What?" I asked confused.
It was then I noticed he was already dressed in jeans and white T shirt.
"How long have you been up?" I asked.
"About an hour."
"Why didn't you wake me?"
"I just did." He grinned.
"No. Earlier." I sighed "Why didn't you wake me earlier?"
"You looked so fucking cute when you were asleep I didn't have the heart to wake you too early. But we have to be at the bar in an hour and thirty minutes so...."
"You should have woken me." I said starting to sit up suddenly feeling a bit rushed.
"Calm down. There's plenty of time" he said placing his hands on my shoulders "We need to have breakfast first."
"I guess" I muttered.
"Stop worrying. I've ordered the pancakes, they'll be here any minute." He smiled and I started to relax.
"Thanks" I said leaning forward and kissing him.
I got out of bed, threw on a robe that had been lying on the chair and headed into the bathroom.

When I came out Chris was stood by the table, his hands on the back of the chair. I walked towards him and he motioned for me to sit, then he pushed my chair in for me. I loved the way Chris treated me, he made me feel so special. He leaned and kissed my cheek before taking the seat opposite me.
"Coffee?" he asked.
"Mmm yes please."
On the table was a plate piled high with pancakes and a jar of maple syrup.
"Help yourself." Chris told me waving his hand at the pancakes and I did.
Chris talked through the set up at the club and how the sound check would work while we ate. "It'll only take a couple of hours and then we can do what we want for the rest of the day before the gig tonight. It's just easier to set up before they open the bar this afternoon."
"OK well I'll head back to my room after we've eaten and change then."
"You know, I've been thinking...."
"Yes?...."
"Well....you haven't slept in that room yet and....."
"Oh well I can sleep there tonight if..." I started to say feeling hurt.
Chris' hand reached for mine
"No!" he exclaimed "That's not what I'm saying. I'm asking you to move your stuff into this room and stay with me. It'd save all this messing around in the morning."
For a moment I was speechless and Chris looked at me a little confused.
"You don't have to..." he said and I could hear how the excitement in his voices died away.
Now it was my turn to stop him.
"Yes! I'd love to."
I watched a smile spread across his face and up into his eyes.
"Great. So we'll collect your stuff and bring it up here this afternoon then."
The thought of him being so keen to spend all his time with me made my heart flutter. It felt like a life time ago since I was this loved and wanted. More and more I was realising that Taylor had never made me feel this important. Being with Chris made me so happy that I never wanted anything to change.

After breakfast I threw on yesterday's clothes and rushed back to my room to change. I was meeting Chris in the lobby in thirty minutes so it was going to be a bit of a rush. I did my hair and put on my make up before grabbing the outfit I had chosen with Christine out of my bag. I put on my skinny black jeans that fitted so well with a white tank top before putting on my red and black check shirt and tying it at the waist. When I had put on my red vans I stood in front of the full length mirror. I had to admit I was pleased with how I looked.
"Shit" I groaned as I glanced at the clock and saw the time.
I left everything to be packed up later, picked up my leather jacket and rushed to the elevator. I slipped on my jacket on the way down to the lobby and when the doors opened I saw Chris there waiting for me.
I stepped from the elevator and saw him look me up and down. I felt myself blush a little. I walked across to him and he greeted me with a gentle kiss before whispering
"Love the outfit. You look so sexy in those jeans." His voice was hot and dark and raspy
I felt my cheeks burn even more and his words made my body react immediately.
"Thanks." Was all I was able to say, my voice shaky and unsteady
Chris gave me a wink before taking my hand and leading me from the hotel. Outside a black car with tinted windows was waiting. Chris had already had the guitars and other things needed for the gig loaded into the back and soon we were on our way across town.