Chapter 18

When I woke the next morning I wondered if it had all been a dream. Had I really kissed Chris yesterday? Had he really kissed me back? I ran my fingers over my lips remembering the intensity of Chris' kiss. My heart raced at the thought and I couldn't help but smile. All morning I felt like I was walking on air but I wished I hadn't got to wait five whole days before I could get on a plane to join him on his tour.

Chris had arranged my flight for Friday morning, with my first gig on Saturday night. I had to work until Wednesday then had all day Thursday to pack before an early start the next day and I couldn't wait. I was going to miss Chris this week, my apartment felt too quiet and empty.

By the time I finished work on Tuesday I felt like the week had lasted a month already. I was bored and in desperate need of some company. I'd gone over and over the kiss in my head until I'd started to wonder if it really had meant the same to Chris as it meant to me. I knew he'd said he'd been waiting to kiss me for a long time but what if he hadn't enjoyed it? What if he didn't feel anything when he kissed me? What if by Friday he would be regretting having done it? I hadn't heard from him since he left and although I knew he was busy I was beginning to think it was a bad sign.
Not wanting to spend another minute going over it on my own I grabbed my phone and dialled Christine's number.

"Hey Christine. Are you busy?" I blurted out as soon as she answered.

"Mia?! Is everything alright?"

"Yes. Well... I think it is...."

"What do you mean you think it is?" she asked confused.

"I kissed Chris but now I'm..."

"YOU KISSED CHRIS!" she almost shouted "Oh my God that's wonderful. How did it happen? What did he say? You have to tell me everything!"

I laughed a little "I will if you let me."

"Sorry"

"So Saturday we had a day at the beach..."

"You spent the whole day together?"

"Yes. Chris suggested it. He thought it would be a good end to the week."

"Ooohhh...." I could feel Christine's excitement down the phone. "I told you he liked you."

"Yes I know but what if..."

"Stop it!" she said sternly "Don't start getting cold feet now."

"Yes but....."

"But nothing. Just tell me what happened."

I sighed. "Look do you fancy meeting for coffee?"

"Sounds perfect. Then you can tell me all the details. Are you free now?"

I felt myself grin. She was certainly keen to know everything. "Yes I can meet you in town in 30 minutes?"

"I can't wait." she almost squealed.

We arranged a place to meet and I grabbed my bag and rushed to catch the bus. I liked Christine and right now I needed to tell someone what had happened in the hope they could put my mind at rest. Otherwise I knew I would drive myself crazy before I even got on the plane.

Thirty minutes later I was walking across the coffee shop with Christine waving wildly at me to get my attention. "I've got coffee and cake." she called as I got closer "I didn't want to have to wait a minute longer for the gossip." She was grinning from ear to ear and it made me grin too. The whole thing with Chris was quite exciting even if I was a little worried that he might have had second thoughts by now.

As I got to the table Christine said "OK spill"

"I haven't even sat down yet." I laughed.

"Yes but I've had to wait half an hour as it is!"