16. Silver Lining

A/N: So a lot of people had comments on last chapter's ending of why Hermione went to Neville's, so this chapter starts with the present but Hermione at his house. Hope you liked the cliffhanger :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for letting me stay here for so many days," said Hermione.

"Oh come on Hermione, you're my friend," said Neville.

Hermione smiled, "You're an amazing friend, you even listened to everything I said."

"Like I said, you're my friend."

"I think it's about time I go back. Again, thank you. I really was lost and didn't know where to go."

Neville kissed her on the forehead and Hermione smiled and went to her room. She closed the door and asked herself, What just happened?

-

"Gin!"

"Yeah, Draco?" shouted Ginny from the kitchen.

"Prepare some good food so that I can boast about you!" replied Draco, his voice getting closer.

"If you want good food then why don't you just do it?"

"Oh, I'm too lazy. But I can help." Then Draco came in and hugged Ginny from the back, allowing her to still cook.

"Good thing my mom's not here." Draco laughed.

He then kissed her on and the cheek, pulled himself away and said "Get back to work, lazy!"

"I thought you're the lazy one!" replied Ginny.

"Whatever," said Draco in a sassy way, "Goyle's coming in 30 minutes, better hurry."

-

Neville picked up Hermione's luggage and put it in the cab, "Neville you don't have to -"

"Oh yes I do," said he.

-

"Why the hell is he taking so long?" asked Draco.

"He'll be here soon," said Ginny.

"Oh he will or else I'm going to rip off his head."

Ginny laughed and Draco kissed her, "You know," he said, "I think you're the best thing to ever happen to me."

-

As Neville and Hermione sat in the cab, it was filled with awkwardness. "Why'd you come?" asked Hermione.

"I had to be sure you were safe." said Neville.

Hermione looked at him and asked softly, "Why...?"

"Because I care about you."

-

Ginny and Draco had been together for some time, she liked it that way.

"Uh, I need to go to the bathroom," said Ginny.

"You want me to go with you?" smirked Draco.

Ginny rolled her eyes and said "Are you serious?" Draco laughed. She walked out of the room, and instead of going to the bathroom, she went to balcony. She was happy, but she needed a little space. Just some time of her own. She looked at the beautiful starry sky. The balcony was peaceful. Only the sound of owls could be heard. She put her hands on the balustrade and let herself feel the breeze. She could then hear footsteps, but would rather not look back.

"So what are you doing here?" said a man and stood beside Ginny. She looked beside herself and saw Harry.

"Uh, nothing," she replied, "Just enjoing the breeze."

"Ginny," said Harry, "I know you. You don't come here to just "enjoy the breeze". You always come here to get a break from your life."

She sighed, "Fine fine, yes. I needed some space."

"From Malfoy?"

"No ... I -"

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me."

-

"Slow down dude, I'm finally here," said Goyle over the phone.

"I have been waiting so long!" Goyle could hear Draco's scream through the phone, "Ginny made the food herself! It's getting cold!"

"You really love her don't you?"

"I guess ..." replied Draco softly.

"I'm right here!" said Goyle again.

-

"And then he just ran to me and said "Sup?" I mean what?" said Ginny, laughing.

"After all that happened?" laughed Harry.

"Yes!"

Harry laughed harder and then said, "Ginny, I really miss you."

"I miss you too Harry, but we're talking right now, so no I don't miss you."

Harry laughed again and said "No, Ginny, I do. I do miss you."

Ginny's face turned into a serious mood and asked slowly, "What ...?"

"I miss everything about before. I wish everything was back to normal."

"What do you -"

As Ginny couldn't finish her sentence, Harry kissed her.

-

Goyle walked towards the house and looked up. Isn't that Ginny on the balcony? WHAT! Potter?! I have go to show this to Draco!

Then he took a picture of their kiss with his phone and rushed to the house.

-

Ginny immediately pulled herself away from Harry and said, "I'm sorry Harry, I can't."

"But why ...?"

"I like Draco, Harry."

"I'm sorry. Let's go back," said Harry walking away.

"To where?"

"To your room?"

"Draco's there with Goyle."

"Oh," said Harry, "Then let's just talk here."

-

Draco opened the door and sighed, "Finally."

"Draco," said Goyle, "Let's go to your room, I have to show you something."

-

"You know, Neville, you're really kind. Thank you for everything." said Hermione.

"My pleasure," smiled Neville, "Oh look, we're close."

-

"Look at this, Draco," said Goyle as he showed the picture to Draco, "Is this the Ginny you claim to love so much?"

Draco's eyes widened, he couldn't believe it. "You're lying, if this is a prank you're playing, it's gotten too far."

"This is no prank, I swear."

-

"I'll come back after some time," said Harry as he walked away. Ginny looked at the sky and thought of how much time she spent with Draco that day. She wished for it to happen again.

"Ginny!" someone screamed.

"Yes?" Ginny looked behind herself immediately.

Draco rushed to her and showed the picture, Ginny's eyes widened, she said "I can explain -"

"I'm done with excuses! We're done. It's over. Goodbye!" he said as he walked away leaving Ginny speechless. Just as he left Ginny turned towards the balustrade, tears flowing out of her eyes, unable to control it.

"What's wrong?" Harry rushed to her.

Ginny looked at him angrily, "You! You are what's wrong!"

"Come here, you're stressed." said he.

-

"Draco," said Goyle, "You should've given her a chance to explain it."

"I'm done with this "explaining"," said Draco as he closed the suitcase, "It's over." Just as he said that, he looked towards his suitcase, there was something enclosed with wrapping paper beside it on the floor. He picked it up and read what was written on it - "Just a gift to show I still love you and always will", he then tore the wrapping paper. It was a picture frame, the colour was Silver and Green - his favorite colours. The picture was of Ginny kissing Draco on the cheek. He stared how they were posing for a pic and suddenly Ginny rushed to him and kissed him on the cheek, leaving him with a surprised expression.

"Goyle," he said, "Look at this," Goyle was looking at it and Draco said, "What have I done?"

-

"So, we're finally here," said Neville.

"Yeah," replied Hermione, awkwardly.

They were just staring into each others' eyes, lost in what to say.

"So," said Hermione, "I'll be going now."

"Sure," said Neville as he allowed Hermione to go, he was walking away, but then he looked back and said, "But first," he rushed to Hermione and kissed her on the lips. As he pulled away, Hermione didn't what to do other than stare into his eyes as he grinned at her.

-

"I don't know what to do anymore!" sobbed Ginny.

"It's gonna be okay," Harry patted her.

Ginny continued crying.

-

Draco ran to the balcony as quick as he could. "Ginny, I'm sorry!" he said but couldn't find her. He started searching the whole house.

-

"I don't think I can handle him anymore! I've been trying so much but he over-reacts every time! It was better with you -"

"What...?" asked Harry.

"Uh, no, It came out wrong."

"What if," said Harry, "The kiss wasn't wrong to do."

-

Draco went towards Harry's room now, it was the last room he expected to find her after what happened and the last room he was going to check.

-

Ginny stared at him, they hadn't talked after he said that. He then slowly pushed his head towards hers.

-

Draco quickly looked at the room. And there she was, in a kiss with Harry Potter - the boy she had a crush on since she was 11.

-

Ginny pulled away her head, it didn't feel right."

-

She pulled her head away, she couldn't have done it. It must've been Potter, he thought. He then rushed to Potter and punched him.

"Bombarda!" chanted Harry and a small explosion was created.

"Expelliarmus!"  chanted Draco and Harry kicked him.

"Stop it!" said Ginny, "Draco, listen -"

"Now what?" he said.

"Just listen," said Ginny, and Draco came towards her,  "Harry didn't do anything,"

"Again with supporting Potter -"

"It was a mistake! Why did you have to start a fight?"

"Look, Ginny, I love you -"

"Maybe that's the problem," Ginny was breathing heavily, Draco just stared at her, not able to believe what she said, "No, that came out wrong."

"No," said Draco, moving backwards, "You're right. I care too much." and he left the room.

"No! Draco!"

-

Hermione opened the door and said, "You can come in if you want to."

"Really?" asked Neville.

"Yeah."

-

Draco rushed downstairs and going towards the door to leave the house, Ginny was following him shouting, "Draco, please!" And then they saw Hermione and Neville in front of the door. Ginny stopped, but Draco didn't.

-

Hermione looked at them as Draco rushed to her and kissed her. She saw Ginny looking at them in horror. Draco pulled away, looked at Ginny and said, "You're right. I do care too much. It's time to stop."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love cliffhangers

So I have a question for you all, which couple do you ship right now from the following in this story?

- Harry/Ginny
- Draco/Ginny
- Hermione/Draco
- Hermione/Neville