Day 19 In Formal Wear (Shadow x Green x Vio)

Green pov.

Shadow once again adjusted his tie mumbling about, how it was just a fancy noose. And Vio once again rolled his eyes. I went over, enjoying the little spectacle. It's cute how even now Shadow is still worried one of the Royal degree guests from both minor towns and other vast kingdoms, will demand his head. We won't be talking to them but Zelda still wants us to dress up anyway. But I'd never tell him that, it is a real fear for him and he does get nightmares at time.

"We gotta get going, we can't afford to be late to the event" I tell them, grabbing their hands and pulling them along. Vio almost trips but quickly starts to keep up easily as I'm not going very fast, just a little faster than walking. Shadow starts to levitate allowing himself to be dragged around without resistance.

We go through the castle entrance, a glare from the worst guard in the castle. Eriikin, he never got over Shadow's original alignment. Didn't matter that Shadow was the one that saved us from Vaati, or that he helped rebuild anything that he was allowed to. At least he does his job well enough.

Shadow stops hovering, pulling his wrist from me and walking to the ball room. Vio frowns "why did he of all people have to be at the gate..." He quietly asks himself. 

"He just needs a minute, maybe he'll even socialize" I tell him pulling him into a hug. This night is meant to be the celebration of our victory against Vaati and Ganon.

We go in, say hello to Zelda and leave while he isn't looking. Can't have Vio having a panic attack as well. Plus we only came to the castle to watch the fireworks from the roof. The others wanted to do it in the field. So we decided to spend the whole day together, and then split up so we all get the view we want.

Going up the tower, Vio looks around worriedly for our dear Shadow. I do the same, crossing my fingers that he's just behind the next corner. But we reach the roof not finding him. I guess all we can do is wait for the moment...

"The fireworks are starting soon... sorry I went off again...." Shadow says floating behind us. We jerk up, turning around and jump on to him. 

"You need to at least say something before doing that again!" Vio tells him squeezing him.