Day 22 In Battle (Blue x Shadow x Vio x Red)

Shadow pov.

I'm okay with admitting I haven't done this for years. That I'm definitely out of practice, and that when I was doing this everyday I wasn't in my best state of mind. But Vio is right that I have the most experience doing this after Green. Hence why I was chosen by the two of them to lead this mission. They have attempted to have me take this role a few times before. But I'd always push it back on to Green. Now he's spending the day with his father.

They made sure this wasn't of critical importance. Just a simple routine fight, on a moblin base that has been causing villagers and travelers problems. A bit over stocked as well, and they are likely to break off and form another base if we don't deal with them now.

"So what's the plan?" Red eagerly asks not at all worried, that I'll cause us all to get killed. 

"Don't be worried Shadow-" Vio tries to reassure me. 

Blue interrupts "Yeah, You used to lead a small army, I'm pretty sure you can handle us," he say with a smirk. 

"Those were Hinoxes and I abused them!" I say trying to keep myself from crying.

Blue's eyes widen surprised at my loud out burst. Vio and Red rub my back trying to make me calm down. "You aren't that person anymore, I want you to repeat that..." Vio tells me, making me sit down. 

"Shadow repeat what Vio said," Red says a little firmer. 

"I'm not that person anymore..." I tell them, the words echoing in my mind.

"Alright, here's the plan, Vio you get on to that ledge, Take out the bow wielders. Red send out a wave of fire near the ground. Blue, you and me will take care of the ones on the structure." I order, Red and Vio nod going on to opposite sides of the forest clearing. 

"Shadow... Before we go out there, I just wanted to say I'm sorry, I should have known better..." Blue tells me pulling me into a quick hug.