Toxic

Harry smiled weakly and stood aside the door frame to let Louis out with both the suitcases.
He turned back to face the house as Louis went off down the driveway, feeling drained with an ache in his chest because he loved this place so much. He picked up Stitch in her cage and walked out, feeling his legs dragging.

Going on tour meant he wouldn't have much time for Louis, which he really didn't want so soon after their engagement.

He sighed heavily and locked the door shut, making his way to the car.

The curly haired boy joint his fiance in the back seat again; the adrenaline rush of freedom from the first time they'd sat here, completely fizzled to helplessness as blue eyes and green watched the house disappear.

The car remained in an awkward silence, Greg didn't even turn the radio on. Louis was rubbing his thumb up and down Harry's fingers, gently caressing his hands as if to say,
"It's okay, I'm here we'll make it."

The hours dragged past, even the fields filled with swaying corn seemed to be waving goodbye.

Everything was so miserable, the little bit of light left was the spark from Louis holding Harry's hand.

Harry thought about the tour the whole journey home. Surely he should be excited right? He's about to tour his new songs, the fans already know about him and Louis now - surely that's a good thing?

A tear dropped down his cheek, he hadn't even realised.

it's not that long right? it's only six months? he could wait right? Harry puzzled to himself, trying to convince his mind.

Meanwhile, Louis was crying. He had his head pressed up against the window, he didn't want Harry to see his weakness. He couldn't help it though, fear bubbled inside his head.

Management. Tour. Management. Far from home.

Louis had always put on the persona of being strong, the most socially labelled as 'masculine' but he cried often. Not that Harry would ever see.

Louis just felt so defeated, he finally got the balls to continue the next chapter of his life with his best friend and his lover and soon to be husband. But they were heading back to the very people who burned off every page of their book they'd try to turn.

Sick rose inside his throat.

The journey felt longer the way back to London, weirdly. Perhaps it was the dragging out of not wanting to return, painfully leaving Harry and Louis in the dark of what was to come.

They had survived nine years almost, of this shit. They could survive longer.

Harry tried to stay optimistic for Louis' sake, but truth be told, he felt their freedom slip away from grasping reach as soon as the black car pulled back into their car park.

A/N

One reaction - :(

🐝