Chapter 26

Jimin is lying on top of his covers an hour after the fight, staring at the ceiling when his phone suddenly rings, startling him out of his thoughts. He answers it without looking, hoping it’s Yoongi.

“Hel-“

“What the fuck did you do to my brother?” A voice that definitely isn’t Yoongi’s interrupts Jimin’s greeting.

“Jihoon?” Jimin asks, surprised.

“Who else? How many boys did you make cry today?”

“He’s crying?” Jimin’s heart breaks on the spot. He really fucked it up, “Wait, he told you I made him cry?”

“No, it’s Yoongi, of course he didn’t. I saw him coming in and I asked what happened and he told me to never look at him again and locked himself in his room, but, I’m not fucking dumb. He left here, fine, to see you, and came back like this. So what did you do?” Jihoon explains.

“We just… broke up,” Jimin replies, weakly, no longer sure that’s all that happened.

“I thought you were fake dating?”

“Yeah,” Jimin agrees, “me too.”

“Damn,” Jihoon breathes. The two boys go silent, and Jimin kind of wants to ask what Jihoon’s thinking. Before he gets the chance, Jihoon says, “Maybe you shouldn’t come around for a while.”

Panic stream rolls through Jimin. He’s already lost one best friend, he doesn’t want to lose Jihoon too.

“Just,” Jihoon clarifies, “just for a while, okay, for Yoongi’s sake? We’re… okay, but, I don’t wanna upset him.”

“Okay,” Jimin agrees softly, “I’ll stay away from him.”

“Thanks.”