E-Y-E-S (Logicality)

"Hey, Logan!" Patton called from the kitchen table.

"Yes?" Logan asked, not even looking up from the book he was reading.

"What does y-e-s spell?" Patton smiled.

"Yes." Logan said, monotone.

"What does e-y-e-s spell?" Patton's grin grew as he looked at Logan.

Logan frowned. He thought for a moment, before saying: "ee yes?"

Patton started laughing. Logan looked confused. "Why are you laughing?"

"What does y-e-s spell?" Patton asked again.

"Yes?" Logan sounded a little more uncertain this time.

"Now," Patton could hardly contain his laughter. "What does e-y-e-s spell?"

Logan looked baffled. "Ay ees?"

Patton laughed so hard that he fell out of his chair. Logan rubbed his forehead, clearly trying to understand why this was so funny to Patton. What was he missing?

"Eez?" Logan guessed, his face growing red.

Virgil walked into the room, and froze. He stared at his two friends. One was on the floor, kicking his legs as he laughed like crazy, and the other all flustered and focusing so hard that you could almost see the calculations circling his head.

"What the hell?" Virgil asked.

Patton just pointed at Logan, before managing out: "Logan!"

"What?!"

"What does y-e-s spell?"

"Yes!"

"What does e-y-e-s spell?"

"Ayz?"

Patton had rolled over and started pounding his fists on the floor.

"Logan, buddy." Virgil caught Logan's attention. The logical trait just stared at him with his jaw unhinged, lost for words. Patton sat up, trying to catch his breath.

"What does e-y-e-s spell?" Virgil said slowly. "Think about it."

Logan took a moment, writing it out in the air in front of him. Patton managed to get back up into his chair. Logan was thinking really hard, before his eyes went wide, and he dropped his book. He looked at each of them in turn, dumbfounded.

"Eyes."

That sent Patton off again.