Disease (No Ship)

Roman was sitting at the back of the auditorium, head resting on his hand, as he stared at the principle, who was giving the cliche "drugs are bad" and "sex is bad" and "swearing is bad" talk.

Roman has almost tuned him out, until the principle moved onto a new pillar of the talk, which apparently, was "being gay is bad".

Roman hadn't been expecting it, so he was mostly shocked at first. He sat up in his chair, and his classmates gave him odd looks. Roman flushed, and tried to remain calm. But throughout the next few minutes, he got progressively more and more angry.

"Homosexuality is a disease."

Well, then. Roman wasn't sticking around.

He stood up abruptly, startling most of the people in the auditorium. Then, he fought through the students to get to the door.

"Excuse me, young man, where do you think you're going? We're in the middle of an assembly." The principle asked.

Roman just looked at him, before saying. "I have to go."

"Why is that? We're almost done here."

Roman, who'd always had a flair for the dramatic, swooned as though he was going to faint. "Apologies, but I'm sick. I've caught The Gay™️ and, as you said, it's a very terrible infectious disease, and by school rules, you can't be at school if you're sick. So... I'll be leaving now."

And with that, Roman left the auditorium.