Single Life (Prinxiety)

Roman felt like he was going to vomit. He watched all of the couples on the streets cooing and fussing over each other, and knew very well that almost all of his friends were exchanging shy glances and hand-holds with other people.

Roman, has no such experiences.

He was single. He had been for... longer than he'd like to admit.

But, after months of glaring around at couples with jealousy and longing, Roman finally realized that... being single was flipping sweet, man.

He could flirt with anyone he wanted, with next to no repercussions. He had free evenings to spend alone watching TV, or at a party or bar without a partner standing over him. He suddenly became who ALL of his taken friends would come to for relationship advice. He was basically a love god. Being in a relationship was overrated.

He had time for things that he never did when he was in a relationship. He had time for taking long hot showers and using all the warm water without someone yelling at him. He could take as long as he wanted in clothing stores. He could try on every. single. tiara. at a jewelry store and walk out having bought nothing without anyone groaning at the waste of time. He could stay out late with his single friends (who he'd met at the club) every Friday while his taken friends were cooped up at some snobby dinner.

He was free.

"What's a queen without her king?"

Well, historically... better.

"What's Romeo without his Juliette?"

Um... alive?

Roman was ready to start enjoying his single life. This was it.

He strutted into the coffee shop with more confidence than he'd felt in three lifetimes. He felt alive. He was never going to fall in love again!

But, his accelerating heart stopped short when he stepped up to the counter, and a guy with purple bangs, winged eyeliner, and who shouldn't be legally allowed to look that good in a fucking apron stepped up to the other side.

Okay well wait a minute.