Pronouns (Picani x Sleep)

"Oh my god, babes."

Ah, Remy was back. Emile looked up from where he sat in his armchair, with a psychology study in his hands. Remy strutted over to his boyfriend, and Picani barely had enough time to lift his book out of the way before Remy plopped himself into his lap. Sleep kicked his feet over the arm of the chair, and pushed his aviator sunglasses up so that it pushed his pink bangs back like a headband.

"How was the party, dear?" Emile asked, a faint smile on his lips as he struggled to lean over far enough to put his book on the coffee table.

Remy tossed his head back with a dramatic sigh. "Honestly, boring. I should've guessed because when was the last time Roman knew how to throw a good party."

Emile knew exactly what Remy would want him to say, so he decided to humour his boyfriend. Picani took his face in his hand, and closed his lips with his thumb before replacing it with his lips. The kiss was short and sweet, and he pulled back with a loving smile. "We all know that your parties are the best, love."

Remy smirked. "God, I know, right? I don't invite nerds. Uh, no offence, babe."

Emile laughed a little. "Logan was there?"

Remy outright groaned. "Yes. We ended up having a philosophical discussion about pronouns and I almost vomited into my red solo cup." He hissed.

"Oh no." Emile said, rolling his eyes a little.

If Remy did sense the sarcasm, he ignored it. "But that got me thinking about... you know what my preferred pronouns are."

"Oh?" Picani asked. This conversation had very quickly turned serious.

"Well, what if instead of like she, he, they..."

Emile tucked some loose strands of Remy's hair behind his ear. "There are plenty of valid pronouns besides the traditional. I have a patient who uses xe and xem pronouns which are gender-neutral and—"

"...like, what if it was just 'bitch'?"

...Never mind then.