Tea (Picani x Sleep)

It was totally normal.

Emile and Remy were sitting across from each other at their favourite coffee shop. Remy has chugged back three coffees already, because he could stomach so much caffeine that it was almost scary. Emile, on the other hand, was taking delicate sips. Right now, his warm disposable mug was resting on the mahogany table, with both of his hands wrapped around it. It was just these two guys, enjoying another routine date at the coffee shop on the corner.

It was totally normal.

They'd been together for almost five months at this point. Picani has known as soon as he went out with Remy for the first time, that it was going to be an emotional work out. Emile was pretty emotionally driven, and got easily attached to everything. Including things that had no consciousness or reason for him to love them as much as he did. (Like cartoons, for a completely random example.) But, Remy? He, on the other hand, his behind a large wall of sarcasm and sass. He wasn't one for getting attached or invested in things, especially people. When you lose something that you'd cared about... it hurts. Not caring is just easier, and safer.

So dating him was definitely an adventure.

Emile had been as patient as he possibly could. He didn't want to rush things, or do anything that Remy was uncomfortable with. But, it had been five months, and he had something to say.

It was totally normal.

He was a little worried about how Remy would take it though. But he couldn't not say it any more. It'd been threatening to burst out of him for two months already. So, he looked up at his boyfriend, who's sunglasses were clasped in his hand as he looked for someone to flag down for a refill.

"Rem?"

Remy looked over, wearing his usual smirk. "Yes, baby girl?"

"Um..." Emile blushed a little. "I have something to tell you. I've known for a while and I felt you should know."

"Okay. What's up?"

This was totally normal.

"I love you."

The words were met with silence. Emile looked up slowly, panic quickly setting in. Had he gone too far? Oh dear, he hadn't meant to.

Remy looked a little dumbfounded. But only for a second. He recovered quickly, and winked.

"And that's the tea, sis."

But the quip didn't disguise how sincerely he was smiling, and that told Emile all that he needed to know.