Chapter 8

There were hammers, screwdrivers, needles, other medical equipment, and I even saw a drill. On the floor, small specks of deep red dotted the floor, undoubtedly dried blood. The long metal table in the center had restraints at the feet and arms, I could only imagine what had happened in here.

"C-can we l-leave this room?" Asking through stutters, I turned towards him. "Are you going to behave?" He taunted as he stared down at me. Nodding my head, I felt like I'd vomit if another word left my mouth.

He grabbed my hand again, walking back towards the bedroom. I didn't dare run, scared he would put me in there.

We soon arrived in the bedroom, where he finally let go of me. Immediately, I hurried to the grey chairs, sitting down. I didn't think my legs would be able to carry myself for much longer, and the thoughts of what could happen in that room frightened me.

Hearing Chandler lock the door, his footsteps soon stopped behind my chair. Holding my breath, I chewed on my bottom lip. "Jess, as long as you listen to me, I won't take you back there. Don't worry your pretty little head about it, okay?" He leaned down and kissed my forehead before circling around and sitting in front of me.

Directing my gaze to the floor, I couldn't bare to look at his stunning grey eyes. "I expect you to answer me when I talk to you, Jess." His tone darkened and a fearful whimper left my bleeding lip.

"I'm sorry." Mumbling in fright, I glanced up at him. "What did you say?" My mind was elsewhere, preventing me from hearing him.

"I told you to stop worrying. I won't take you back there unless you give me a reason to." How could I not worry? That place shook my whole being.

"I'll t-try." Mumbling through my teeth, I still picked at my lip. Fear was an emotion I never felt unless it was serious. Yes, I constantly think the worst of situations, but when I fear, it's bad.

"Jess, stop biting your lip. It's already bleeding." He softly pulled the red skin away from my teeth, wiping away some of the blood as he did so. Shyly looking away, I hated his touch and bold grey eyes.

"Are you hungry?" He asked after a few moments of silence. Pulling my knees to my chest, I silently nodded. "Any preferences?" His voice was gentle and cautious, a complete opposite of how he had scolded me minutes ago.

"I'm kosher, so nothing that crosses those guidelines, I guess." His eyebrows perked with curiosity. "You're Jewish then?"

"Messianic Jewish, actually." It wasn't a very popular religion, but I always felt better celebrating the feasts with mom then I did when dad took us to his Christian celebrations.

"Alright then, I'll be back in a bit." Nodding my understanding, I turned to face the window. A feathery kiss landed on my head, following a door opening and closing.
Trapped once again. It's funny how three days was all it took to entirely change my life and the future.

I don't know what to do anymore.