Two

That dream!

Mommy, Daddies?
Where are you?

Rose? Rose?
Rose, sweetie?
I looked up at the person calling my name.

Are you okay, honey?
I shook my head yes.
You aren't hurt any where right?
I shook my head no.

I'm sorry sir, but you need to move away so we can get to the other injured an officer said
Do you know them?
Do you know what happened? Another officer asked the man.

Yes the man said still holding me,
I'm a friend & was driving behind them when the truck just suddenly came over to their lane. They had no time so swerve or brake.

Okay, we will be taking them to *hospital name* you can follow behind us.
Is she one of the injured's daughter?
Yes she is, the man said.
Okay get her checked out & then follow us.

You remember me Rosie, dont you? I'm a friend of mommie & all your daddies, Uncle Bang Bang. Yes I remember him, he always let me play with his music thingy.
The man smiled at me saying lets make sure you're not hurt, huh rosie?
I nodded.

The man in the big truck looked me over & said to Uncle Bang Bang, she's fine. Im just giving her a sedative to relax her muscles so she won't be sore tomorrow. She might sleep a while though.

I dozed off while holding on to Uncle Bang Bang.
When I woke there were a lot of people around me crying. Sshh Uncle Bang Bang told them she might wake up.

~I'm awake~ I said

~Oh~ Uncle Bang Bang said
~So how are you feeling honey?~

~Thirsty~
~Where is mommy & daddies~

Everyone looked at me then at Uncle Bang Bang & some of the people started to cry again.

~Uhm, Rosie sweetie, how about you live with me from now on?~ asked Uncle Bang Bang.

I nodded yes & smiled.
~Can I play with your music thingy everyday if I do~ I asked.

He smiled.
~Yes, you can sweetie~

I smiled & said ok, I yawned loudly.

~Why dont you sleep some more~ he said.

I dozed off again.
When I woke there were only 2 people left in the room. Looking around I saw Uncle Bang Bang talking with a lady in a suit. They were whispering but I could still hear some of what they said, but I didn't understand.

~No, I dont know who the real father is & neither did they~

~But how could they not know~

~They never said who, they just accepted responsibility together. They said it didn't matter, she was all of theirs & they loved her regardless~

~Well if that is the case she has no family to look after her~ pointing at me.

~I know that, that's why I'm asking you to give her to me~

~You know we can't, you are unmarried & not related. She has to go to foster care or be adopted~

~No, over my dead body! They were all like family to me, I can't let that happen~

~You Mr. Bang, you don't have a choice, I'll let you say your goodbyes when she wakes up, but then I'm taking her~

~Can I at least know where she is going or who adopts her~

~No, but leave your address & number & when she's 18, if she wants to find out about her real parents she has a way of getting in touch.~

~Fine, but they better be good people, when & it's when & not if she finds me & they mistreated her in anyway, you will hear from me.~

~Yes sir~

~No~ I shout.

They both looked at me startled.
I wasn't sure what was happening but I liked Uncle Bang Bang & didn't want to leave.

~Rosie, sweetie, you're awake? This nice lady will take good care of you & find you a good home~

~No~ I cried

I'm sorry, please forgive me~Uncle Bang Bang said crying.

I held on to him so tight & he held even tighter. I felt like I was suffocating!

I woke up with a suffocating feeling on my chest. Sitting up, Bang Bang falls of me.....

Realising it was my cat trying to wake me from my dream, I touched my face to feel it wet from my tears.
It's been 5 or 6 years since I've had this dream.

This always happens when I'm stressed out.
Looking around my room, I see the music thingy from my dream. A.K.A a mixer & smile.

Well the sun is coming out might as well start getting dressed.