Nine

Uncle Bang Bang

Early the next morning!

Half a sleep I hear my phone ring.
Why is my alarm going off at 7am, I don't have class today, I think to myself. Taking my phone I see Mrs. Lee is calling me. Sitting up I wonder why she's calling me when we have a lunch date later.

~Hello~ I say.
~Hi Rose, sorry for bothering you this early~ she says.
~It's fine, is there something wrong?~ I ask.
~Oh, no sweetie, I just have a question for you. Do you mind if I bring someone with me to meet you?~ she asked.
~Uhm, sure that won't be an issue~ I say.
~Right then, see you later~ she says.
~Ok, till later~ I say hanging up.

Time skip to 12pm meeting Mrs. Lee

Before entering the restaurant I check to see if everything is still in place from me running when I got off the bus not to be late.

As I stand awkwardly at the door I see a middle aged women wave at me from a table near the window. She gestures to me smiling. As I approach her I see the man sitting next to her get up. I bow, so do they. I look at the man, he seems so familiar.

~Hello~ I say.
~Hello Rose, so nice to see you again, but you wouldn't really remember me, right?~ she says.
~This is Mr. Bang~ she says.
~Oh, Hello Sir~ I say.
~Uhm, Hello Rose~ he says.

I sit down, still frowning at the man across from me, why does he look so familiar I think. Seeing you look at him with a frown he smiles's fondly at you.

~So, Rose I have to ask, is there anything you remember from before being adopted?~ she asks.
~Oh, I remember people singing & dancing with me.~ I say.

~I also have this dream when I'm stressed, it's about an accident & some one named Uncle Bang Bang saying that I could play with his music thingy~ I say smiling.

I looked up at Mr. Bang when I hear him chuckling. Wait, Mr. Bang, as in Uncle Bang Bang. My eyes open wide with shock. Noticing your shock when you realised who he was, he reached over to take your hand & gives it a light squeeze.

~I think I'm going to leave you two alone, I'm only here to tell you about Mr. Bang, but since you remember him, I think you two need time to talk alone, he knows more then I do~ she says.

She stands up & gives me a hug. I'm in such a daze I only half register that she left. He introduces himself properly as Bang Si-Hyuk.

Founder & CEO of Big Hit Entertainment.
Wow, a record producer, well that explains a lot I thought.

He starts telling me how he would have loved to raise me, but since he was only my age at the time, unmarried & still had his military enlistment ahead of him, that it was absolutely impossible for him to do so. I nodded, remembering that from my dream.

I asked about my parents. Asking him why in my dream I always ask for daddies & not just daddy? He stared at me awkwardly, not quite sure how to tell me. I say to him with all due respect just spit it out.

Clearing his throat he says that in the older days it was normal to have more then one wife, but not more than one husband. Looking confused he continued nervously, telling me that he's not sure who my father is. He held my hand & said that I should just keep an open mind & not freak out. I was getting really nervous by now, just wanting to know what was up.

Squeezing my hand he says that my mother was a foreigner from Brazil, that had immigrated with her hippy parents to a very conventional Korea. She was mixed race, korean-american-brazilian. Growing up with hippy parents she had a very unique outlook on relationships & people & how to give & receive love.

I wasn't sure what he meant but nodding he continued. Showing me a picture of her.

(Random person, but how I imagen her)

I could see from the picture that she really was a free spirit. Listening carefully he explained that one couldn't help but love this unique, bubbly person. She just had this aura around her that attracted people to her. She was into music, art & food.

She was a stylist for a kpop group called *group name* that was about to debut when there was an accident. She & the five members of the group didn't survive. A tear rolled down his cheek. Her parent died when she was 16 & all of the members were orphans. They all went to the same school that's how they knew each other & why they were so close he said.

He met them as a 17 year old boy, when they were performing on the streets. They all shared a passion for music so they became a close knit group, their own special family. Their age at the time ranged from 18 to 22.

(Random photo again)

Now you know why they were so close. Her being the person she was with the parents she had she loved them all equally & had different relationships with each of them. From being a close friend to being the person that mothered them, took care of them & loved them. By love he said what he meant is that they had a very special type of kinship with each other.

Still confused, I frowned & he sighed & said I'll have to spell it out won't I. She had a physical relationship with most of them. As in boyfriend & girlfriend relationship with them. Yes it was strange that they weren't jealous of each other, but they were so close & loved each other without any boundaries.

OMG, WOW I thought, I didn't see that coming. He smiled & asked if I understood now why they never new who my father really was. I nodded in awe. Well that explains my relationship problems, me not finding ONE person that's exactly what I want, I thought.

Their goes all that nature versus nurture crap people talk about. Looks like I'm more like her then I knew.

He says that he thinks that I might need some time to myself. So why don't we meet again tomorrow if I'm not busy & he'll show me around his company. I agreed, needing some time to process all the information. We say are goodbyes & I leave to catch my bus still in a bit of a daze.

Authors Note:

Surprise!😏

So what do you think?