Eleven

Walk & Talk

We decide on walking to the park nearby. I really don't want the others to hear are conversation. As much as I love them, they won't get it. Son on the other hand has always been open minded.

Taking a deep breath I start telling him both my parents are dead, that my dream really was a memory & more like a nightmare then a dream. That they died in a car crash. He just smiles sadly & hugs me!

Taking a big gulp of the soju, I tell him we better sit down for the rest. My mom was a cool women with hippy parents, a free spirit if you will, I said to him. I take another sip. Here is were it get tricky I say, I have more then one father.

Looking confused, he asks what I mean. I ask if he's heard of polygamy? He nods yes, he saw some people live like that when he traveled, having more the one wife use to be a custom in Korea he says. But what about having more the one husband I ask.

No he nods, he's never seen that since men tend to be more possessive than women & more violent. Well my mom had five boyfriends apparently I say. He seems surprised but not as shocked as I thought he would be. That can happen, they must of loved her very much & she must have been a really special type of person for them to be open to it. They must have been really close he says.

I nod yes, they were in a group together & she was a stylist, the accident happened before they could debut. They also grew up together & she was orphaned at 16, the boys were all orphaned young. That & their passion for music made them into a close knit family.

I know what you're thinking he said. I doubt that I said. You think if people find out, they will treat you differently, like you're dirty somehow, am I right he asked. You start choking on the shot you just took, shocked at how he just completely read your mind.

I won't tell anyone, just please when things get to tough, talk to me first, before bottling everything up he said.
I think what worries you more is that you are afraid that you might be like her & that scares the shit out off you he said. I see how you try to fit in with everyone, to go with the flow he said.

It makes you miserable, I've known you the longest, I see what the others don't notice he said. You are different, you are special, you need to stand out he said. I know blending in was your way off keeping your adoptive parents happy, you tried not to be a burden he said.

I will always stand by you he said. I just have one thought I want to share with you, but don't hit me over the head with a bottle, just hear my out, ok he said. I've seen you have crushes before & how you only share certain parts of your personality with them keeping some parts hidden, afraid that they won't like you the way you are he said. They were all not open minded enough & too jealous & full of themselves to appreciate all of you he said.

But I know deep down you will find people, yes more the one that will be everything you want all together he said. Like it or not you are like her, you are your mothers daughter, embrace it, live it everyday, be free he said. Love yourself for who & what you are, you are different he said.

You are what she was, you have a special aura about you that draws people to you, you have a lot of love to give, so wake up & sparkle he said. I will always be here to have your back, I'll even help you find those special people you need he said.

Smiling you start hugging him so tightly he chokes for air. I'm all for love dude, but your like my sister so please back off he says. You chuckle, full on start hysterically laughing at what he said & his facial expression.

~Dude, eeww, no~ I say.
~So no special love for me then~ He asks.
~None what so ever dude~ I say chuckling.
~Thank the heavens~ He says dramatically.
~Oh grow up, you ain't my type~ I say.
~But I did start a list of traits I want in Mr. Right~ I say.
~OOHH, spill the tea~ He says.

I start telling him about Seok Jin, my worldwide handsome guy, Mr. Kim's son. How funny he was & how he gave me the first three things on my list. He listens smiling till I tell him that he's about three years younger then me. He frowns, holding up a hand to stop me.

~Ugh, Rose......~ He says.
~Yah, don't look at me like that, I might be a polygamist, but I ain't no pervert, alright~ I say.
~It's just a list~ I say.
~Let's get home, before they start seeing something that ain't here~ He says.

Authors Note: