Seventeen

Meeting nr. 2
Time skip 6 weeks
Ilsan
24 July 2009

I've been here 2 weeks, just looking around, being a tourist for the first time in 2 & a half years of me being in Korea. I finally get the time to explore & see the country. Getting to know one of my dad's hometowns.

I'll be going to a underground hip hop audition, Sleepy will be a judge, one of the many people I met through Uncle Bang. I'm super excited to go out & do what he asked of me & scout some talent. I'm also very nervous, will I even been any good at it. He taught me a lot over the last 2 years, but will anyone take me seriously when trying to scout them for Big Hit?

I'm a dancer first & foremost, no formal education in producing music, can I really do this? Starting to freak I send a message to Uncle Bang.

[Do you think I can do this?
I have no experience, just what you taught me.]

[You can do this, it's in your blood, besides Sleepy will do all the talking, just observe, tell him what you think, that's all you need to do for now. See it as a trial run.]

Feeling a bit better I get ready for tonight. Should I dress more hip hop or just go with what I'm comfortable with?

 Should I dress more hip hop or just go with what I'm comfortable with?

Sleepy meets me in front of the hotel. I give him a warm hug & a fist bump. He always looks half a sleep, hence his name Sleepy.

~You'll fit right in Rose~ Sleepy says.
~Thanks, I wasn't too sure about what to wear, but since you approve I feel more comfortable~ I say.
~Let's get going then~Sleepy says.

As we walk, I ask him about the group we are going to see.

~Their name is DNH, most of them are 94 liners. I hope to convince some of the group to audition for Bang PD~ Sleepy says.

~Wow, they are young, do you think their parents will approve~ I ask.
~Who knows, lets just see if they are any good first, then we'll face that obstacle when we get to it~ Sleepy says.

~You just tell me who you think Bang PD will like~ Sleepy says.
~I'll try my best~ I say.

The night starts of with the members introducing themselves. Some of the stage names are unique to say the least. They start up with a little group battle between the members.
i11evn vs Kidoh, Sleepy tells me it's called a diss track, usually they diss other groups, but this is all for the hipe. Then Supreme Boi vs Ronch Randa, oh boy what stage names these kids have.