Step Eighteen: Disgusting

I got my bellybutton pierced today holy crap y'all. I've wanted it done for years now, and I'm actually still coming down from the high even though it happened a few hours ago already- I am in love with adventures like that, and I hope you guys get to do something exciting before the seasons change too much and you don't get the chance!💖 much love to everyone! Be kind to one another, and do something you've always wanted to do for yourself!

 I've wanted it done for years now, and I'm actually still coming down from the high even though it happened a few hours ago already- I am in love with adventures like that, and I hope you guys get to do something exciting before the seasons chang...

It's a quiet separation between practice rooms, Jihoon's gaze on the floor as we part ways and my gaze on him alone. I watch him until he closes his dance studio's door behind him and his shadow sags against the frosted glass. I want to reach out and place my hand against the glass, perhaps knowing that he's there will make it feel like I'm really reaching out to comfort him. But I only turn on my heel and move towards the end of the hall, where Kijung and Daewon are both standing against a studio door.

They don't say anything to me until I've reached their sides, though it isn't exactly the scolding I was expecting.

"We thought something bad had happened to you when you never came home." Daewon's soft voice is slow and drowsy as he drops a hand onto my shoulder. "Are you alright? The news couldn't have gone over well since we even got called in for a meeting this morning."

"I have a boyfriend," I blurt out, pressing my lips together a moment later. I can feel the droop at the corners of my eyes as my emotions begin to well up in my peripheral.

"What d'you mean?" Kijung peers down into my face, puffing his cheeks out. "Like back home? In Canada or wherever?"

I shake my head, sighing. I don't want to cry, not in front of my group at least. I don't even want to cry in front of Jihoon, or any of my oldest friends. In fact, I don't even want to see myself cry in the door's reflection. I bite my lip to distract myself, the pain working long enough to help me get out my words.

"Jihoon and I are dating now. Publicly."

Daewon's already wide eyes grow larger. "Does the agency know about it? Have you two been terminated-" His raised voice draws attention from within the studio, and the door opens to reveal a concerned looking Euijin.

"What's the yelling about?" His dark eyes scan over me, stopping on my face when his eyes make it back up. "You're back."

"He's dating Jihoon!" Kijung's whisper is louder than perhaps even he anticipated, and through the still open door steps Jin Ye and Soeun. The latter doesn't seem fazed by the new revelation, and I remember that she's had the idea of our relationship for weeks already. "Like, publicly!"

Jin Ye also goes wide-eyed, her cheeks flushing slightly as she regards me carefully. I wonder if she's suddenly uncomfortable with me knowing my sexuality, and I consider telling them that it's all a fake situation, and that in fact I have a girlfriend in Canada called Sandra Dee- More than even that, I wonder how none of them managed to see a news reel about it yet.