**CHAPTER EIGHTEEN**

Leo's POV

I got up and tripped, trying to reach Charlotte in time.

The monster smacked her away, as she slashed her sword, Tsunami.

"Hey! Back off my girlfriend!" I cursed, reaching for my tool belt.

I felt nothing but my pants.

"Ah! I left it in my Cabin!" I yelled. I looked up and saw the monster snarling down at me.

"Oh... hey," I chuckled nervously. It smacked me and knocked me down.

I heard a yell and the next thing I knew, I was kneeling by a bleeding Charlotte, covered in monster dust.

Later

Charlotte had an Achilles Heel, and I never even knew about it.

Her Achilles Heel was at her heart, and with our demigod luck, she got slashed across the chest with the monster's talons.

She cried as Will tried to fix her wound.

"It's going to be okay, mi vida," I assured her, squeezing her hand.

She squeezed her eyes shut.

"I just HAD take a bath in that stupid river! I would be in less pain if I was normal," she cursed.

"My gods, calm down..." I whispered soothingly. She huffed and winced as Will sewed her up.

The Next Morning

We sat in Bunker 9, cuddled up on the couch.

"I didn't know you could curse like a sailor..." I joked. "I was in pain Leo, it was a way for me to express myself..."

"Just you wait, I'll show you pain.." I smirked. "Leo, why would I want to be in pain again? And what makes you think I'll let you stab me?!" Charlotte ranted.

"Not what I meant..." I said in a singsongy voice, still smirking.

It was quiet.

"Leonidas Valdez!"

"What? When a man and a woman love each other very much-"

"Yes Leo. I know what happens..."

I snickered.

"Why am I in love with you, again?" she pondered aloud, jokingly.

"Because I'm hot, duh," I joked.

"Yeah, sure," Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"Well, I love you because you're brave and kind-hearted, and who could forget sassy and sarcastic. Not to mention, you're freaking adorable," I flirted.

She huffed and looked away, "Shut up and stop making me blush."

I snickered.

"Look at me," I insisted. She turned to look at me with a raised brow. "I love you. I want to sweep you off of your feet, every day that I'm with you.." I smiled, placing a finger under her chin.

She smiled softly. I moved a stray strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear, looking into her sea blue eyes.

I leaned in and kissed her softly.