Home life

Eliana's POV

I helped my father move the bags from our car to the kitchen.
"Put these away" he told me. He grabbed a beer and went into the living room. I put the things away swiftly until I heard the tv flick on, then I relaxed a bit. I finished putting away our things and I tried tiptoeing to my room.
"Eliana?" My mother's shrill voice called out from her office. I sighed and went to the door.
"Yes mother?" I asked.
"Change those hideous clothes, Eliana, you look like a hooligan" she snapped. "Start dinner after you change"
"Yes mother" I responded. I had learned not to challenge her. I went to my room and flopped on my bed. I couldn't get the image of that purple haired boy out of my thoughts. He was really really cute and nice but I'd never be allowed to see him. I shook the thought from my head and changed into a black skirt and a striped blouse. I shuttered at the reflection in the mirror. I hurried back to the kitchen and started dinner. The smell wafted into the living room and attracted my father.
"What're you cooking?" He asked gruffly. The smell of alcohol followed him in, making me cringe.
"Chicken Alfredo" I answered. He grunted a response and went to find my mother. I took the alone time to check my secret twitter. I scrolled through the feed and stopped when I saw the familiar tuft of purple hair. Michael Clifford from 5 seconds of summer. Wasn't that the CD he was trying to sell? I clicked on the tweet and read the caption.
"Michael looks for mystery girl from target"