Retirement Party

When Pepper returned to Stark tower she was shocked at the sight that greeted her. In the office level Tony, Vision, a blonde man, and Thor were laughing amoung other workers. The room had party decorations and everyone had on hats. There was a banner hanging over a table with cake. Written on the banner was "Happy Retirement!"

She gave Tony a smile as he waved her over.

"What's all this?"

"Come on Pep you hadn't heard? Stan's retirement starts today."

Pepper blinked, how had she forgotten that? She looked over where the 95 year old man was sitting. Stan was happily telling stories to Peter Parker, whom had just arrived from school.
Mr. Lee had been with them from the very beginning, it seemed so odd that he wouldn't be with them anymore.

"Apparently he and his wife are planning to move to their own little paradise now that he's retired." Tony told her as one of the workers called everyone over for cake.

"I'm glad for them, I'll miss him at work. He's one of our best."

Tony gave her a soft smile and said quietly,

"I'll miss him too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the party was over Tony watched as Stan was met at the door by his wife, a lovely lady he thought, and saw them both carry out his boxes. Peter came up next to him.

"I'll really miss them, they're my neighbors. They were always around to help when my aunt was at work."

It was silent for a moment before Peter looked at Tony.

"I'm glad you're ok, what with everything that's been going on."

Tony looked back at him in a bit of confusion.

"What do you mean?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready to head out?"

Stan smiled at his wife as he shut the trunk of their car and got in the driver's seat.

"Ready when you are dear."

With a chaste kiss their car drove out into the New York streets headiny for home.

[Sorry this is super short but I wanted to give Stan Lee this lovely cameo in here in honor of his passing]