More going on?

[Why must I be sleep deprived before my muse gives me ideas for this story? Well at least it's giving me something for it...Truth be told I've had MAJOR writer's block for this story hence why it took so long. Also Grammer is not my strong suit so I'm not even sure how to correct it. Also I looked up the medical bits here for reference but tried to write it in a way that anyone would understand. ]

Jarvis frowned at the footage given to him by Friday. Barton's symptoms did mirror those he had during the invasion but, normally, it would be difficult to confirm if he was controlled. He looked to Tony, who was relaxing on the couch watching Doctor Who, and contemplated telling him.

He deserved to know that it is a possibility, and with the new acquaintance he'd gained they might discover the truth. So Jarvis went to the couch, tablet and his hot cocoa in hand.
Tony looked up at him with a look of playful betrayal.

"I can't believe you prefer cocoa over coffee! Such blasphemy, in my house!"

Jarvis snorted before taking a sip and handing the tablet over.

"Friday has discovered something you need to see."

Tony took it without a word and watched the footage.
A tiny spark of hope grew in Tony's heart at the thought that maybe, just maybe, his friends weren't in control of themselves. It's a sad thing to be hopeful about, and definitely not normal but still.

Tony looked up from his tablet with an expression of contemplation. He knew next to nothing on magic but he did know someone who did. So Tony pulled out his phone and started a call. Jarvis knew exactly who he was calling. A few rings later and his call is answered with an irritated growl.

"Stark... it's 4 in the morning..." came a disgruntled voice from his phone.

"Wait really? Shit sorry I've got this thing I need help with."

"Some of us actually sleep you know!"

In the background Tony could hear another voice shouting 'like you can talk Stephen!' Which was followed by Strange's muffled,
"Wong please!"

Strange took in a breath before speaking again.
"So what 'thing' do you need help with?"

00000000000000000000000000000000

When Stephen answered his phone at such earily hours he wasn't expecting to be pulled into a case of 'is it mind magic or is he just an a-hole'. But here he was portaling to a hospital on the other side of the world.

Mind magic is a dangerous thing and if not taken care of it could lead to madness. Once is dangerous enough but twice? Strange can only hope that any damage that was done is not yet permanent.

Strange arrived in the room Barton was currently resting in. A combination of pain medication and exhaustion caused Barton to be sleeping when Stephen arrived. With a wave of his hand Stephen made the room essentially invisible to the hospital staff. A bit like a notice me not spell but without any incantation needed.

Stephen stepped up to the hospital bed, his hand lighting up with orange mystical arrays, and placed his hand over Barton's head. Before Stephen's eyes an image of Barton's brain appeared to him as if it were a hologram.

Orange light made up it's shape but two different colors appeared.
The frontal lobe had a swirling blue that was overlapped by a jagged dark red. The blue appeared to concentrate on Barton's ability to make decisions while the red focused on his irritability. The red appeared as if it tried to reach what the blue was currently occupying but it only barely touched through the blue.

Similar to a frontal lobe injury, Stephen contemplated. Such injuries can cause people to lose their ability to make choices, recognize consequences, and increase their irritation exponentially.

Barton was lucky that those side effects were what affected him.

Memory loss, loss of attention, and increased risk taking were other such symptoms that he could have gotten.

Stephen carefully pulled his hand away and the image faded. Barton truly isn't 100% himself with two different magic's affecting him. Each one with different, unknown, goals.
The sorcerer then removed the ward, making the room visible to the workers once more, and stepped through a portal to Stark Tower.

He needed to inform Dr. Stark of his findings.

As Stephen stepped into the elevator that would lead to Stark's living area he was greeted by Friday. He decided to only portal straight to Tony's living area for the most dire of situations, sudden appearances would not do Tony's PTSD any favors.

As the elevator came to a stop the doors opened to reveal not only Tony but Thor as well. Jarvis remained on the couch as Tony stood to greet him. Thor sat in an armchair with a bowl of caramel popcorn in his lap. He quickly placed the bowl on the coffee table, any mirth he felt replaced with a blank expression. The Vision did not appear but Stephen paid it no mind as  he strode in. Tony was quick to come up to him.

"So what's the verdict doc? Was there really something there or is it too good to be true?"

Stephen gave a solemn nod as he spoke,
"Your theory was correct. There are in fact two different magic's attached to his mind. One is obviously from the mind stone, it in itself is the least damaging magic but difficult to remove. The other is the result of Wanda. Her magic was sharper and more rough than that of the stone."

Any stress that had been in Tony seems to slip away, the utter relief on his face was painful to see but understandable. Thor's expression was dark as he looked at Stephen.

"You say these magics will be difficult to remove? I admit I know only a little of magic, those that work with the mind are beyond my knowledge."

Stephen offered a nod of acknowledgement as he continued.

"Indeed. Magic that deals with the mind are very trick things. Often times when one attempts to remove them they will lash out and cause damage to the host."

All three men paled, Tony's hand came up to grip at his shirt while Jarvis spoke this time.

"What must be done to prevent this?"

"I will need to take Barton with me so that Wong and the other sorcerers can assist me in removing them. It's a bit like brain surgery just with magic."

Tony took in a deep breath before looking Stephen in the eyes.
"Tell Barton what you've told us, shown him if you have to. Don't mention my name or that anyone asked you to help him. Just please get that shit out of him."

Stephen simply nodded, having procedures done without concent can break someone's trust. Outside of life threatening situations it is bad form.

"I'll call you when it's done, will you be needing this as evidence for a court trial? Considering Barton is technically still a criminal."

"How can you even present this as evidence?" Tony questioned.

"The mystic arts can be visible on video recordings with the right spell. Just take the recording from Barton's room while I was there and I'll do the rest."

Stephen then spun on his heels, creating a portal to the mystic's library, walking towards a frowning Wong.

"Are you ever going to adhere to the 'no portals within the library' rule?"

"Probably not."

"Tch, brat."

"I could really be a brat and hide your beyonce albums..."

"Touch those and you're a dead man Strange."

[Edited this a few times because my auto correct is weird and I am half asleep (because apparently my muse only works when I am sleep deprived) so sometimes I would think something but type the line after what I was thinking]