Let's get to it

As Stephen's portal closed Tony let out a sigh as he walked to the kitchen. On autopilot he pulled out a fresh mug and poured himself a coffee. He returned to the couch without a word. Thor kept silent as both he and Jarvis watched Tony take a long swig before setting his mug down.

Tony's hands came up to cover his mouth, elbows leaning on his thighs, as his body leaned forward. His shoulders were shaking and his eyes wet but he did not cry.
Thor picked up his bowl once again, his own eyes wet, an expression of worry on his face.

Jarvis remained silent as he sat next to Tony, knowing that if he were to offer comfort the dam would break and Tony would give in to his tears. He glanced at Thor and nodded towards the door that led to the rooms. Thor only gave a solemn nod as he stood with his bowl of popcorn and left the room. He glanced back to see Jarvis wrapping a careful arm around Tony's shoulders. A shaking intake of breath came from Tony as he leaned into Jarvis before sobbing in ernest.

Thor left quickly after that, having not yet regained enough trust to be witness to such open emotion. He understood how Tony must be feeling because the more he thought about it the more he began to wonder.

Barton's change of additute closely resembled that of his brother's during the invasion. Thor's expression darkened with sadness at the thought that maybe, just maybe, his brother was under the staff's control as well.
However it is to late to know with certainty, which only darkened Thor's mood as he closed his bedroom door.

000000000000000000000000000000

The next day was met with red rimmed eyes but happier moods as the three met for breakfast. Vision was still out assisting Pepper with something Tony hadn't thought to ask about. As the three men ate a breakfast of cereal, because none of them felt like cooking, Tony received a notification. Feeling to lazy to physically check his phone he activated Extremis. A blue hologram like box appeared in his vision. Today was one of the day's Peter would be coming for real internship things.
It wouldn't be until after school but this gave him time to prepare some projects for the kid.

00000000000000000000000000000000

"But Wanda never hit me with her hand wavy shit. How the hell did her magic get in my head?!" Barton asked Dr. Strange.

The doctor had introduced himself and explained he was a sorcerer. He confirmed Barton's suspicions of mind control with some fancy brain magi-hologram thing. Apparently Dr. Strange had been cleaning up Wanda's magical mess.

"While that may be true you were around her for a good while during your fight with Ultron. Wanda had about as much control of her magic as a baby does with walking."

Well damn if that isn't a good burn.

"She was constantly leaking her magic out. Wanda's magic was born from the mind stone and you still had it's magic in your head. It pulled at her leaking magic like a magnet. However due to how much it changed from the original it could not merge with what was there."

Barton stared at the doctor in disbelief as he continued.

"Her magic imitated her personality and attempted to alter you to match her own thoughts and feelings. When Wanda did get more control over her power you can see here-" Strange pointed to the red jagged magic touching through the blue a little.

"-that she attempted to take control in a stealthy manner. Changing you slowly over time. However the residue of your first attack from the stone kept most of her manipulation at bay. She then turned her eyes towards your emotions instead."

Barton could only stare at the hologram in growing horror and shame. His hands began to shake as he gripped his thighs through the bed sheet.

"You said you could get this shit out of my head for good?" He asked in a tone that seemed calm but with an underling weariness to it.
Stephen gave a nod as he answered.

"Yes but I will need to move you to Kamar Taj."

Barton took in a breath and gave the doctor a nod.
"Let's get to it then."

[Edit: okay I had no idea why my auto correct put Tashmahal...then again my auto correct fixes words like it's drug addict so *insert shrug*]