Bang Bang

[I am sorry for such a long wait. My 81 year old grandmother passed away (dementia and heart failure, the later of which she has had since as long as I can remember.) in November so I and others among my family have been helping my grandfather (In both setting up the service and making sure he doesn't grieve alone). He was, and still is, having a rough time. We're all taking turns visiting, getting him to go out and have fun with us.

She and I were quite close, I often visited them or looked after her while grandpa took a chance to relax. She was a sassy woman with plenty of witty come backs, always joking around. She had a deep love for old western movies, crime shows, and raccoons, which she used to have as pets in her younger years (I found photos from the 70s of her and them! :) ) I recall once when she asked me what 'my type' was, I ended up showing her some pictures of my favorite actors. (Rdj, Richard Armitage, Gerard Butler, David Giuntoli, ect) to which she looked at me with wiggling eyebrows and said "Well now you've got a VERY good picker." After that she would sometimes ask if I'd found any new pics of them and oogle them when I showed her hahaha

I've gotten off topic, sorry.

I'm afraid that after ensuring my grandpa wouldn't fall to far to his grief my own took over for a while. I became a little isolated from family and friends and just sorta...layed about. Even now I and my mom sometimes slip up and mention 'I'm going to mom and...I mean dads house later/I'm stopping by grandma and grand...I mean grandpa's today" it's been rough for all of us.

It doesn't help when there's family drama in the form of one entitled karen (who will have no control over anything, grandpa made sure of that) and a entitled joe who has no self control. (I will not elaborate anymore on these things. Just know that these two will not truly be an issue thanks to grandpa's sneaky planning.)
On the plus side, he regained the 30 pounds he lost from the stress. This is a very good thing, he lost the weight to fast to be healthy but now it's back so that's one less thing to worry over.

Sorry for ranting, you aren't here for that...

I have just recently pulled myself back out and my wish to write has returned (and my muse has given ideas for this story this time) so here I am :) ]

Friday decided to keep a facial search program running when she heard Clint Barton had left Wakanda. She wanted to ensure he would not become an issue for the Boss later on. It was difficult though because the area Barton was currently traveling in barely had any cameras. Those few towns that did were of such poor quality that it was difficult to match the image to his facial features.

Friday found current video of Barton in a small town. The video quality was poor, black and white and only showed a freeze frame image every 5 minutes.

Friday normally watched the footage until Barton left whatever town he would be in at the time. This time, however, she must take action.

A riot broke out within the town Barton was in, as noted by the freeze frame of various groups wielding weapons in fighting poses. The next frame she received showed Barton attempting to get out of the crossfire, a person behind him wielding a large wrench. The frame after that showed him lying on the ground as the riot continued around him.

The plan was revenge, not murder.

So Friday called for help.

0000000000000000000000000000000

Clint Barton came too in a haze of confusion. His mind barely registered that he was in a, much to bright, hospital room. The nurses around him were attempting to talk to him but his voice wouldn't cooperate. He attempted to sit up only for his stomach to turn, as if he were about to throw up, his head pounding.

"Sir, Sir you must remain still. You've received a head injury."

That made sense, Barton thought as he leaned back down with a groan.
The lights were dimmed by one of the nurses before he could open his eyes again. With the light dimmed his head hurt a bit less when he opened his eyes again.

"The hell happened?" He asked in a tired voice.

"From what we understand, a riot broke out in the town you were in and you were struck with a large blunt object. Can you tell me what you can remember?" One of the nurses, a middle aged woman, asked as the others filed out.

Clint tried to think but his head was fuzzy and jumbled, almost like when...

"Did that fucker get me with the stick again?"

"Sir?"

"Feels like when Loki had me under his magic bullshit...can't think straight..." he said, it sounded as if it were a struggle to even say the words out. Clint paled as his stomach turned again, he quickly leaned over the bed and proceeded to puke his guts out. The nurse scrambled to get a bucket for him, calling for assistance with clean up.

From the camera Friday had her eyes on Barton.

If she had a body she would be frowning. Barton's words set alarm bells off in her mind. Why would he feel the same as he did under Loki's spell?
Something didn't add up and she needed to get to the bottom of it.

"Jarvis, there is a...complication with Barton."

0000000000000000000000000000000

The more the fuzziness faded the more confused Clint became. He thought back to what happened this year and what he remembered didn't make sense. Hell what he remembered from the last few years didn't make sense.

Choices he made, the way he acted towards others, none of his actions made sense anymore.

Why would he run off to help Cap without getting the full picture, he's a spy he fucking knows better.
He'd finally retired like he wanted but ran right back into it with one call?
Also yeah, Tony can get a little annoying but he's mostly just fun to joke with so why did he....

Oh God why did he say those things about Rhodey?!

The more he remembered the more horrified he became. His skin paled, his breath quickened, he didn't even register the nurses rushing in to calm him down.

What had he become?