5

After much consideration, you decide on a summer dress instead. You're attending a fine dinner after all. You check yourself in the mirror. The dress a bit above your thighs and it's a light shade of peach with translucent floral patterns. You've had it inside your closet for as long as you can remember but never found the right time to wear it.

Until today.

Mom and dad's probably done preparing. Jungkook thankfully left your room minutes ago.

As you fix your hair and apply a touch of lip gloss, your mind wanders off to what happened earlier. You let out a sigh, frowning slightly.

What happened to you kook?

He used to be a sweet boy before, a loyal friend who was always there for you. Thinking back, you try to recall a memory. A hint— basically anything that can offer you a reasonable explanation of why he's acting the way he is.

You're taking baby-steps back in time, passing through the bits of scenarios to the day before he turned out this way. The day before everything went downhill. The day before your perfect friendship shattered.

You're trying so hard to remember, pushing your memory lane into its limit that it's almost hurting you emotionally.

It was a perfect sunny day with little you and Jungkook playing tag along the grass. A girl around your age joins you. Its vague, her face blurry but you can still trace the width of her smile and the outline of her dark pigtails. Her lips moves but you can't figure out what she's saying, and then the rest of the memory fades into a rippling oblivion.

Putting one to one, two months after she popped into the picture, Jungkook started acting strange. He stopped visiting everyday, only during Saturdays when your parents and his went out for dinner and then.

Oh.

So everything went downhill after she came. You shake your head and take a deep breath. You could be wrong.

You fix your hair one last time before grabbing your phone. Jungkook's on the floor across your door playing that game he's been obsessing over for the last three months.

He once got his phone confiscated after the teacher caught him playing during a physics exam.

He passed the subject though. Even having the highest score.

He looks up and drags his gaze all over your legs. "Why aren't you wearing the clothes I gave you?"

"No reason." You shrug your shoulders and head downstairs. You can hear the grownups talking.

When your mother sees your well dressed figure, she ignores you.

"Kookie!"

Traitor.

"Why do you always look so handsome?" She gives the boy a hug while you try to keep your irritation all to yourself.

You literally saw him last week.

"Thank you." He answers with in the most sweetest tone. She can't stop showering him with compliments.

You clench your jaw. Look at him pretending to be an angel, drinking in all those praises and attention. If any of them saw how he treats you at school they'd get the shock of their life.

"Alright family. " Mr Jeon claps his hands to gather everyone's attention and checks his watch. "Time to get going."

The adults step down the porch first as you're locking up.

-

Hours later, you find yourself staring blankly at a two story structure. Neon colors of blue and white are carved on a wide board to showcase the words restaurant in a neat cursive font.

Jungkook's standing awfully close to you when both parents announce their booked reservation at the front desk, and you're trying your best to ignore him.

A hand suddenly grasps yours and before you can react, Jungkook's pulling you towards a table. Why is he holding you like you're planning to run away?

"I can walk on my own." You hiss in a whisper. "Let go!"

He doesn't. Instead, he briefly glances over his shoulder to regard you of his annoyed look before speaking.

"I don't know what possessed you to pick that outfit."He grits out, glaring at someone who's staring at your legs. "So you better keep that little mouth of yours shut before I do something I'd regret later on."