13

Your mother and Mrs Jeon loved playing dress up so growing up, they made you and Jungkook their dolls. They would make you wear matching outfits from head to toe.

They'd go all out during gatherings, events and holidays.

Every moment would be captured and then placed on an album. Mrs Jeon called it the Twinsie Album.

An album basically filled with the two of you wearing the same outfits.

Your mother has an identical one at home and you avoided it like a wildfire.

It has been an hour since Jungkook's parents left. You're in the kitchen using the spare time finishing your physics homework.

As far as you know, Jungkook's in his room playing some video game. You check the time and stick a mental note to order something to eat after thirty minutes.

All of a sudden, there's a notebook in front of you with three familiar initials. JJK.

You look across you to find him taking a sit with his arms now crossed over his chest.

"Do my homework." He says.

"No thank you."

"Do my homework or else-"

"Or else you'll stuff my bag with frogs?" You say with a knowing tone, slowly looking at him. "Oh wait, you already did that. How about lizards this time? I'm sure Mrs Jeon wouldn't mind grounding you again right?"

Last time you ratted him out, Mrs Jeon confiscated his card, his car, phone and basically everything that entertained him. For a week. You know for a fact that, that experience still remains fresh in his mind.

He clenches his jaw and is left no choice but to do his own homework.

As he should.

Minutes goes by in silent until it was time to order food. You grab your phone and slide down to take some of the money on the fridge left by Mrs Jeon. Some because if you used the rest to buy food, it'd be enough to feed an army. If not more.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm ordering dinner." You tell him without looking back. "Don't miss me too much."

You can feel his gaze drilling a hole at the back of your head as you leave the kitchen area. After picking a meal he's sure to eat, you stay in the living room and wait for the delivery man.

Intramural's will start next week. You're excited but at the same time there's a piece of you that's dreading. You're still expected to be there for Jungkook as per his mother's request.

You puff your cheeks and let out a puff. Why does life have to be so mean to you?

You get a call and it's the delivery man. You meet him at the front door and pay him the exact amount.

"Hey kook, I got your favorite. Lamb skewers-"

You look around the kitchen but he's nowhere to be found.

He probably went back upstairs to his room.

As you place the meals on the table, you notice some unfamiliar scribbles and scratches on your opened notebook. Your blood begins to boil when you realize someone messed with your homework.

"Jungkoo-"

You stop yourself and looks closely at the equations and answers.

Jungkook didn't mess up your solutions or vandalized your work as you'd expect from him.

Instead, he marked your wrong and gave you the right solutions and answers.

-

"Thanks for looking after Kookie dear."

The long-awaited time has finally arrived and you're more than ready to march out of this place like a soldier leaving the battlefield with victory.

Oh and she lied.

She wasn't gone for an hour. She was gone for five hours.

And every hour, she'd call just to check if you were home. Which means for every call, you needed to have Jungkook confirm that you're still around.

Thankfully, he didn't fight you even though he was obviously annoyed.

"It was no big deal." But she should know that her son's more than capable of taking care of himself.

You can't say this out loud though. Your mother would ground you for life.

"How about watching him tomorrow then?"

What the actual fu-

"Ah I can't. I kinda have this thing I promised my friends-"

"I understand dear. Your social life is also important." She smiles charmingly. But there's something about her smile that sends a chill down your spine.

Why does it feel like you dug your own grave yet again?

"Maybe next time then?"

You already turned her down the first time. You can't do it the second time. "Uhm sure."

After giving you a hug, you finally leave the place and race back to your room.

At that exact moment, Jungkook walks down the stairs and approaches the door with his hoodie on.

"Now where do you think you're going young man?" She blocks him with an interrogative tone.

"I'm meeting up with, Jimin." He says. She hums and fixes her son's hair. He stays still.

"If you're not here past your curfew, then you're sleeping outside okay? Oh and while you're at it, here." She takes her purse and hands him some cash. "Buy something nice for, Y/n. Don't bother coming home until you find something she likes."