22

Ten Years Ago

Everyone's talking about it. And it's getting annoying.

They're talking about your birthday party and how you pushed Kira to the pool.

"Look at her. She's not regretting what she did."

"I wouldn't show my face at school if I were her."

"I heard she did it because she was jealous."

It's funny because they talk without knowing the whole story.

You know you didn't push Kira at all.

She jumped in herself and made it seem like you pushed her.

Mom said you should just ignore them because you know you did nothing wrong.

And that's what you're going to do.

Everyone will forget about it sooner or later. And they did. A week later, Kira left to study abroad and no one even remembered about the whole pool incident.

It was like it never happened.

While everyone went back to treating you like how they did before the incident, Jungkook distanced himself even more.

End Of Flashback

"Mom I'm home."

"Hi sweetie. Did you have a great time with Uncle Joohyun?"

Mom's not alone in the living room. Mrs Jeon's swaying Jaeden while walking around. Well, she's trying. Jaeden's making noises and refuses to fall asleep from what you can see.

"Yeah. He also told me to give this to you." You hand her a shopping bag. A little gift for her from him.

"Y/n can you be a dear and take Jaeden upstairs? Your mom and I have something important to discuss about." She hands you the fussy baby together with his bottle. "Thanks dear. I'll come take him in a while."

Those big eyes don't leave you as you head to your room. It's almost past his bedtime.

"Aren't you tired?" You whisper and watch him blink those massive eyes. He got them from his mom. If you had to describe the siblings' appearance, Jungkook looks exactly like his father, Jisung is a mix of both and you can already tell Jaeden will grow to look like the male version of Mrs Jeon.

You gently brush your hand down his face to make him blink. Before you do anything else, you fix two pillows on the bed with a gap in between and then place Jaeden there.

You give him his bottle before he can start squirming.

You make a hush sound when he begins to wail.  You don't want him getting used to being fed while being held. "You're quite troublesome aren't you?"

He thankfully settles down.

Jisung wasn't so high maintenance as a baby. He was so easy to look after. He barely cried even if he was hungry. Maybe that's to be expected since he was a sickly baby.

Jaeden's perfectly healthy so that probably explains why he's so demanding. Not that it's a bad thing.

"You know your brother was a jerk today. He went through my stuff and got mad over some guy giving me their number. If Uncle Joohyun wasn't there you know what I would've done?" You release a breath. "Never mind. Just promise me his attitude won't rub off on you."

He finishes his bottle and you lift him to your shoulder, gently patting his back to encourage him to burp.

After hearing it, you do your thing to make him sleep. Thirty minutes goes by and you check your mirror to see if he's gone to sleep. Jaeden's cheek is pressed against your chest and his eyes are closed. His lips are parted to reveal the cutest little gums.

You slowly lay him between the two pillow and then twirl a blanket around the pillows - tying the ends - to make sure it won't move around.

As if you're being timed, you rush to the bathroom with a towel and some comfortable clothes. After you take a quick bath and brush your teeth and do your night routine, every now and then, you check the bed to make sure he's still asleep and is nowhere near falling.

The baby has been asleep for an hour and thirty minutes now and you're on the floor with your back pressed against the bed reading a topic for a coming exam.

There's a knock on the door. You were expecting it to be Mrs Jeon but its Jungkook instead.

Silently, he takes Jaeden from the bed and hovers the little blanket over him.

"Where's his bottle?"

"Over here." You stand and hand it to him. Jungkook checks the content inside.

"Did he drink it all?"

You nod your head, fixing Jaeden's hat. "Change his diaper when you get home."

He hums, taking that as his cue to leave. After you close the door, you decide it was time to call it a night.

Jungkook returns home and Mrs Jeon takes Jaeden from him.

"Y/n's birthday's coming up sweetheart. Did you already find a gift for her?"

"Do I have to?"

She raises an eyebrow. "Sweetheart, if something's bothering you, you know you can always talk to me right?"

"Im fine."

"I know you're not sweetheart." She says softly and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "But I'm here if you want to talk. Now go upstairs and get some sleep. You still have a long day tomorrow."

Jungkook heads upstairs, throws the piece of paper holding Zheyuan's number in a bin and then gets ready for bed.