12

Next Day

"Not trying to sound rude or anything Mrs Jeon. But you do know he can take care of himself right?"

"No he can't. Kookie is still a baby and I need you to look after him. "She insists. "The doctor's appointment will only take about half an hour. Then we'll be back dear."

On your way home from an errand, Mrs Jeon had called you to unexpectedly drop a huge news. She wants you to babysit her son. Her seventeen year old son while she goes to the clinic for her monthly check-up.

You're trying to turn her down in the most nicest way you can muster up. You trying hard isn't enough though, since her persistency just skyrockets your own strength of words.

You fix swat a leaf than landed on your white shirt.

You harshly nibble your bottom lip, debating wether it'd be a good idea to stay under the same roof with a person who hates you for no apparent reason. The woman wouldn't take no for an answer. That's a fact.

"Only for half an hour?"

Mrs Jeon giggles from the other side of the phone. "The door's already open. Come here right away after changing okey? Thanks dear."

She doesn't even wait for you to respond and instantly hangs up. Sighing, you blankly stare at your screen. Maybe it won't be that bad.
He won't kill you Y/n. He hates you, but he'll never stoop that low.

As much as you want to place your belief in that, your subconscious believes that there's a tiny itsy bit of chance he might randomly pull out a knife and stab you then and there.

Or maybe that's just you being paranoid.

Come to think of it. Jungkook hasn't once approached you since this morning.

Weird.

You push the thought off, burying it deep in your mind before resuming back on your tracks with reluctant heavy steps. Moments later, you're able to catch a glimpse of your house and also Mr Jeon freshly stepping out of his house with an impatient Mrs Jeon tapping her foot.

Don't let her see you.

Cause if she sees you now? She'll give no regards to your stuffy outfit and personally drag you into her home. Taking silent steps on your part of the side-walk, you're carefully trying to ditch their inhumanly mega-Pixel eyes along with their somewhat over-sensitive hearing senses.

"Y/n!"

A complete fail.

You eye your house desperately, a little whimper grumbling your throat. Only a few more steps and you'd have prolonged your babysitting task but most likely your life span.

Picking up some faint footsteps padding the pavement behind you, in a tick of a clock. You fix yourself from your crouching posture and turn to face a rather shining Mrs Jeon. You give her a sheepish smile.

"Good afternoon Mrs Je-"

"Let's go." She grabs your hand and like what you've foreseen. She drags you towards her house's direction and away from yours.

"How was school today Y/n?" You hear Mr Jeon asks as you're zapped pass him. "It went great!" You're able to squeak out before disappearing behind the door.

"Kookie's up in his room." Mrs Jeon says, pushing you down on one of the couches.

Nodding, you've barely registered your surroundings before a scream abruptly chooses to scare the crap right out of you. Same applies to Jungkook who just entered the livingroom.

"Kookie!" Mrs Jeon shrills in her not-so great-pitch. What's she getting so excited for?

The space besides you dip and you realize Mrs Jeon just forced her own son to sit on the couch aswell. Jungkook mumbles incoherent words as he fixes his beanie that's been slightly crooked from the impact, and to your utter confusion, Mr Jeon's now holding her phone in front of her.

"Get closer to Y/n." She says, gesturing him with a flick of her wrist.

Wait what?

Jungkook's just as confused as you. But after having shamelessly scanning you up and down, he clenches his jaw. Its clear that he dislikes the idea, and you don't argue with that.

To your surprise however, Jungkook releases a huff of air and simply gives in to his mom's demand. He avoids eyes contact and glares straight at the camera as he scoots closer to you. You stay stiff.

What's going on?

"Not enough." The woman mumbles to herself, narrowing her perfect brows as she ponders over something. Then she snaps her fingers. "Got it!"

For some reason though. That bright grin etching across her lips gives you the uneasy chills.

"Hug her Kookie."

Over your dead body!

Think of an escape plan fast!

Okay! The plan's simple. Jump up before he has the chance to hug you and give an excuse to use the toilet. By the time you're done with your business, she'd have already left.

Should be easy. But too bad your plan decides to go flying out the window.

Jungkook manages to firmly enclose his arms around your waist, holding you down before you're able to escape the invisible confinement of his mom. The sudden action startles you though, resulting to your back clashing against his chest and your head hits something hard.

A silent hiss from Jungkook echoes your ears after that, and you're reluctant to meet his gaze that you now feel are burning holes on the back of your head. You ignore it, glaring at his arms.

"Let go of me Jeon." You grumble, making sure his mom's no where close to hearing you out.

He doesn't let go. And you can feel him dangerously targeting your ear that's away from his mom's peripheral view, after successfully regaining his composure.

"No."He whispers.

Taking a quick glance towards Mrs Jeon, you wonder if she's aware that her son's secretly squeezing you to death.

"The camera's over here Kookie."Mrs Jeon chirps and with that. You've confirmed that she indeed is oblivious to what's going on.

Jungkook draws back, yet still close enough that you can hear him breath. And to say that he's breathing a like bull would be an understatement. Did you really head-hit him that hard?  Or did your hearing senses suddenly enhanced themselves?

"Smile for the camera kids." Mrs Jeon beams and Jungkook rests his chin on your shoulder, eyes strained to the camera now.

Catching a quick glimpse of his outfit, you finally figured out why Mrs Jeon suddenly wanted to take picture.

He has a white shirt on and black jeans. And so do you. You're matching outfits.

A faint flashback from the past zaps pass your mind and you look back at the camera, smiling. From the corner of your eyes. You notice Jungkook's smiling too.

"There! "She announces." Another picture for the twinsie album!"