24

That date you were supposed to have with Zheyuan? Not happening anymore. You're grounded so the only places you're allowed to go is school and house.

And on top of that, mom's making Jungkook keep an eye on you.

You get on a bus and he takes the empty seat beside you. Neither of you bothered talking but you're itching to tell him to get lost. Turning to him, you suggest. "Let's switch seats."

That way you'll be closer to the exit and easily ditch him when the time comes. Surprisingly, he agrees to the idea. The bus starts moving and he takes out his phone. You catch a glimpse of his screen to see a bunch of text messages of the random people asking him out.

Without reading any of them, he deletes them.

"You know, you should leave me alone and be with your girlfriend."

"Why?"

"Cause you're an eyesore."

"Thanks." Words laced with amusement.

"That wasn't a compliment." You grin. "You being here makes me wanna rip my eyes out so please." Your face turns serious. "Leave me alone."

"Open your mouth."

"Wha-"

Taking the opportunity, he pushes a cherry candy past your teeth, surprising you. The flavor meets your tastebuds and you find yourself wondering what kind of candy it was.

As if he can read your mind, he takes your palm and slaps a handful of candies.

"Uh thanks." You say, blinking. "But I still think you're an eyesore."

Fifteen minutes goes by and you're the first to rush out the bus when it stops. With this speed, you bet you'd easily win a race.

Mom's in the kitchen making dinner and she widens her eyes when she sees you gasping for air by the entrance.

"How many times have I told you not to run, sweetheart." She reminds you with a strict tone, coming nearer to wipe the sweat from your forehead. She's being quite aggressive too. "Go upstairs and wash up. After that, wear something nice. We're having dinner with the Jeons."

"What?"

"They'll be here any minute so shoo." She ushers you to get going and then returns to her cooking. So your running effort's gone to waste. You'll still see that face of his.

Distraught, you head to your room and lock yourself. Tossing your bag aside, you wash up and slip on some comfy clothes before burying yourself in bed. So if anyone asks, you died from exhaustion.

It doesn't take long before you finally fall asleep.

-

Jungkook taps the table consistently. It's been an hour since they arrived.

His mother's in kitchen helping out with dinner and his father's talking business with your dad.

Jisung's taking forever to the make the next move in chess and he's literally dying of boredom.

"Your turn, hyung."