<< NINE >>

I walked out of the bathroom in my fuzzy robe and slowly padded back to my bedroom.

"Finally girl, hurry up and get dressed. They're here. And you have to invite them in." Jayde said rushing through my drawers.

"Why? You can let them in."

"It's your place of dwelling. So you should be the one to do it." She said.

"Or what?" I thought to myself putting on some lotion and perfume.

"Fine. Give me like two minutes." I told her and started putting on the clothes she got out for me.

Walking out to the living room I heard Jayde by the door. It was opened and she was talking to Loc. The rest of the guys were there too.

"Didn't you just tell me to let them in?" I asked her coming up to them.

"You still have to." She gestured and moved out the way.

"Or what?" I asked Loc.

"Or we can't." He laughed.

"But why not? The doors wide open. I know y'all manners aren't that good. Especially him." I said pointing over to Chris.

"Yeah. Show her what happens bro." August said and pushed him my way.

I jumped back so he wouldn't fall right on top of me. And he didn't.

Because as soon as he came close, his skin started burning right before our eyes.

"Fuck, nigga! Why'd you do that shit." He grimaced.

"Oh my God. I'm sorry! You all come in. I'll get something for that." I said about to get the first aid kit.

"No need." Loc said and pulled Chris' arm out to me.

The skin was literally repairing itself in seconds. Soon, it looked like nothing had happened.

"What. The. Fuck." I said flopping down onto the couch.

"I told you. I know it's a lot to take in. But Dave here is going to explain it all." Jayde said grabbing him.

"Chill." He sucked his teeth and sat down.

"What's wrong, Willow? You scared?" Chris growled and smiled big. Sharp pointed fangs bright as day, shining at me.

"Nigga. Shut up." Loc said punching him.

"We'll let y'all speak." Jayde laughed pushing them all into the kitchen area.

"You good? I'm sorry I scared you." Dave said turning to look at me.

"As good as I can be. This shit doesn't make any sense right now." I huffed and laid back.

"I know. A few hundred years ago you couldn't tell me shit about this." He said.

And I just looked at him, crazy.

"Excuse me? How old are you? Like really?" I asked.

"Only 129 years old. I'm still a youngin'." He said so simply.

"129. You don't look at day over 30."

"Cause technically, I'm not. I 'died' when I was 29. And turned the next day."

"What happened to you?" I sat up a bit, getting really worried for a second.

"Relax, ma. I'm straight. It was all bound to happen. I was saved to be real with you." He said reaching out to rub my leg.

Sparks immediately hit me and I swear I almost moaned.

Dave started to chuckle.

"What's so funny?" I asked slightly moving away.