<< TEN >>

Dave's kisses felt compelling.

It was like each one pushed me further and further into a daze. Like when you have a few drinks and keep accepting sips and shots getting more and more intoxicated, but you don't stop because of the feeling.

Just me? Oh okay.

I had just met this man and it feels like I'm longing for him already.

The thought of this made me stop.

"You good, ma?" He asked panting. His once dark chocolate eyes now glowing a light caramel shade, hidden by his lowered eyes.

"Y-Yeah. This is just a bit much to handle." I said shyly.

"I know. This shit must be crazy to you. Soon I hope you'll understand and be my lady." He said looking straight into my soul, diminishing any wall I wanted to put up.

"I'll try. Might take me some time, that's all." I said.

I wanted to talk to Jayde. Slap her from keeping all this from me then throwing me into the flames so abruptly.

But I also wanted to stay here and be with Dave. This man was Godly. It's a damn shame. The things I suddenly wanted to do, wanted him to do to me...

"Stop." He said curtly.

"Huh?"

"Whatever you're thinking, stop that shit." He said placing his strong hand on my thigh, bitting his lip.

"How did you-?"

"Not only can I hear your heart racing, I can smell things. I'm trying to give you your space and time before taking you and you making things real hard for a nigga." He said seriously.

Dripping was an understatement.

"I'm sorry." I smirked getting up and walking over to the door. "I think I'm going to talk to Jayde now. She has some explaining to do."

Shaking his head, he replied, "Don't he too hard on shorty. She really couldn't say much. It's not her place to tell." He shrugged.

"Understandable. But that's my girl, how could she dare let me be surprised by all this?" I pouted.

"Cut that shit out. As long as we got you, you good." He kissed me and walked out the room.

I glided over to my bed, and took a seat on the edge looking bout dumb as hell. Smiling from ear to ear and hypnotized by his kisses.

"That shit feels good don't it?" Jayde says coming in and shutting the door behind her.

"Oh no, bitch. We not about to kiki it up without you explaining yourself." I said narrowing my eyes.

"Don't kill me, Willy. I couldn't! I had to take an oath not to say anything. I can't just be spreading the fact that vampires exist and I just happen to be mated to one." She said matter of factly.

"You a lie." I gasped.

She just smiled sympathetically. "And you are too. That's why being around him feels like life and thinking about him in his absence is your favorite hobby. It's beautiful really."

"Woo Chile, I can't breathe." I said fanning myself.

"It's a lot right now. Trust me, I went through it too. And not being able to talk to you or anybody for that matter, was hell."

"Aw I'm sorry boo, now you have me. And we have soo much to discuss." I said hugging her.

And just like that we got to talking.

She explained a lot to me and pulled up a few readings online to help me out.

We went on for at least an hour just getting over the basics. And she explained to me that once I decide to be with him, that's when the heat starts.

Apparently once two mates are acclimated, they have to "consummate the relationship" or both might explode. Something like that. But if it meant I had to sleep with him?

Shit, I couldn't wait.

"Wow. I feel like my whole world was a lie." I said.

We finally decided to get up and leave the room, going back out to the guys.

"It's not, boo. It's like finding out ghosts are real and waking up to seeing one come out your bathroom after taking a shit like nothing even happened." She shrugged nonchalantly and went to sit next to Loc.

"Bitch. What?" I just stood there looking at her questioning why she says things like that.

"Yeah. Uhm. What? Loc get your girl." Chris said as everyone just looked at her probably thinking the same.

"Tell me I'm lying though." She snapped and popped her tongue.

"Anyway. Willow, how you feeling, sugar?" Chris said coming over to give me a hug.

"Nigga. Watch ya shit, b." Dave growled.

He just smirked and put his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm just showing love, welcoming her to our world. Our family." He said.

"I'm fine. This is all such a shock to me. So y'all are really the undead?" I asked pushing him away playfully.

"We not zombies." Aug chuckled.

"Even though D over here been looking like one since you came around. All this fool been stressing about was you rejecting him or never finding out." Chris said pinching his cheeks before darting out the way when Dave started to get up.

"Leave him alone. Y'all just mad y'all ugly asses can't get like us." Jayde said cuddling up to Loc.

I just smiled taking a seat next to Dave.

"Ugly? Where?" Chris said and Aug just smacked his teeth.

We sat around getting to know each other more and the boys smoked a little.

After a while we finished up for the night and I wished everyone a good night. Jayde said she'd be back in the morning.

Everyone but Dave has left, he stayed behind straightening up for me.

"Thank you." I said quietly. Sitting back down on the couch.

He came over and grabbed my hand kissing it.

"It's nothing."

"So let's suppose I accept this whole thing, you and me. Is this feeling going to get worse?" I asked referring to the deep attraction I get towards him with every touch.

He growled a little. "Nah. Well yes and no. You're going to feel a little.. tense for a minute. Once we, you know, it'll take the edge off. But this shit is forever. Our bond will forever be strong." He spoke and all I could think about was taking this man to bed with me. Right here. Right now.

"Oh." Was all I could say. Clearing my throat, "Well. I'd like to see where this goes. I want to take things slow and learn to be with you." I spoke softly.

"Say less." He said grabbing my chin and giving me a few quick, wet kisses. "I better go, do I get to see you tomorrow?" He asked.

"Of course. But you don't have to leave, you know, if you don't want to." I say.

"As tempting as that sounds. I don't think I could handle being around you too long. Things won't be so slow for very long." He struggled to say.

"I mean... we don't have to do anything if you don't wa-" I barely spoke above a whisper before his lips came crashing into mine.

After sucking the soul out of me, he said. "I want to. So bad. And now that I have you, I don't think I could hold myself back. That's why I can't stay."

And with that, he gave me another light kiss and literally flashed out of the apartment.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

😏😏😏