/////

                          /////

                   Epilogue

Amra was standing in the kitchen in a maroon coloured Kameez and trousers, her hair pulled into a low bun below her neck, wispy strands framing her face. In the evening, the lights were a little dull in the kitchen, a brownish golden hue casted around her as she placed the plate on the island when Isa came behind her. Dressed in his grey dress shirt and pants for work, his thin golden glasses reflecting the golden of the chandelier above, he placed his hands around her.

" Kya kar rahi hain?"
(What are you doing?)

Amra lost her breathe but ignored him, continuing to set the plates for dinner. Isa's lips stretched into a smile. She was naraaz with him because he had come late from work, again.

"Chaye tau bana dein."
( Make me some tea please.)

She turned to look at him from the side of her eye, a strand of hair floating in front of the hazel orb of her eyes,
"Kyun? Mey apki kya lagti hun?"
( Why? Who am I to you?)

Isa smiled again, bending down a little towards her ear while biting his bottom lip,
" Aik tau aap roz bhool jaati hain k aap meri kon hain, aur roz raat ko mjhe yaad karwana parta hai."
( You forget who you are daily and I have to remind you every night.)

Amra's face turned slightly red and she turned away,
"Chorain!"
(Let me go.)

Isa was back in his youth when he used to be so mischievously happy, but in that smile, something was missing. A part of his heart hurt daily, unattainable love, unreciprocated love, it hurt.

But today, when Isa smiled, he truly smiled with his heart happy and healed, his life and love complete.

" Kyun?"
(Why.)

"Bus"
(Just because.)

He brought his lips closer and they brushed against her forehead and her hair, his hand now resting on her waist, the warmth penetrating through the material of her dress. He watched her with his eyes smiling,

"Ab aap sharma rahi hain."
( Now you are shy.)

He was not asking her, he was informing her because no one knew the colours of her face like he did, how the blush first touched her nose then kissed her cheeks with a rosy glow and how her eyes bent, looking at the left always. No one knew her like he did.

"Isa, aagaye beta?"
(Isa, you're home?)

It was his mother and he separated from Amra quickly, putting a safe distance between them and his hand immediately went up to rub his neck, a shy smile and a pinkish hue colouring his face. He forgot they were in the kitchen, again.

////////

Amra followed Ammi inside from the lawn when she came across Isa, sitting on the sofa in the lounge, his glasses a little tilted on his face due to Musa's head.  Both of them were sleeping,  Musa sleeping on his chest and Isa's hand around wrapped around him, his head buried in Musa's hair. A few colouring books and story books were scattered around them.

Amra felt her heart filling up with love, they looked so cute together. They were blessed with Musa after  two years of their marriage. She remembered when she had gotten pregnant how happy Isa was,how he would call her from office after every two hours to remind her to eat if she hadn't and to take the pills. When they would be getting ready to sleep, he would cut some fruit for her and make her eat it forcefully.
When her bump started to show a little, he would talk to the baby, lying on her lap, right next to it. Amra never knew he was so loving, so caring. But Isa had proved to be a the best husband and the best father she could hope for her child. When they get to know the gender, he told her he wanted to name him Musa and she agreed.

However, Musa was exactly his father's copy. Same eyes, same face, he looked like his tiny little clone. He even wore prescription glasses since his eye sight was not good.

She looked at them for a while and a few feet away, Ammi looked at her with love. Amra had filled the lives of both her sons with love. But it was God's plan and no one could alter it. If Musa was destined to die, no one could stop it. And if Amra was made for Isa, no one could separate them.

            ///////////////

Amra came out of the bathroom after changing, sitting next to the father and child who were watching cartoons on the T.V on the bed, Musa lying on Isa's chest and Isa's left arm around him, the right on holding the remote to his chin.

As soon as Amra sat down, Musa quickly turned around and clinged to her, yelling,
"Mamaa!"

Amra smiled, rubbing her son's hair and kissing him on his head.
" How is my baby?"

Musa just wrapped his arms around her neck, buring his face in her neck since he was tired and sleepy.

Isa looked at them with love and then came closer a little, holding Amra's hand as she laid down with Musa still on her. As soon as his hand enveloped her's their eyes met and then, his hand was forced out of hers.

" Baba! She's MY mama, don't touch."

Isa chuckled a little. He always did it. When Musa saw Isa even looking at Amra, he would get angry at his father for touching his Mama.

"Menay konsa kaha meri mama hain yaar."
(When did I say she's my mother?)

He murmured under his breath and turned his attention back to the tv and when Musa  was already sleeping, Amra came back after putting in his bed and Isa sighed.

" Iska naam Musa rakh kar galti kar li."
( I shouldn't have named him Musa.)

Amra laughed at his fake annoyance as he pulled her towards himself. Now she was lying on his chest just like Musa did a while ago. Isa looked down at her,

"Kya haal kardia hai mera (What have you done to me?) Now I have to be jealous of my own son."

His voice was joking but Amra saw his eyes which were as deep as always, as mysterious as always. She knew what he wanted to say, It was a confession.

When he brushed aside a piece of her hair, his fingers the tracing her cheeks, then her lips, Amra closed her eyes.

"I love you."
She said, like she had said it all those years ago.

He smiled, like he did all those years ago.
" I love you more. Aap meri jaan hain." ( you are my life.)

She closed her eyes again, he had won like all those years ago.

                  ///////////

Awwwh I love him so much.

Still don't know how so many men (characters) can reside simultaneously in my heart but they all have their own place! Don't call me a s**t. (I am)

Anyway, hope you liked it! I love you all for supporting this story so much. I wanted to write it as a whole book but I don't have time honestly. I hope I managed to convey this story.

Thank you for staying with me through out the story. Your comments motivate me the most.

With love,
Aymen.