Days were passing slowly for Hemayal as everyone tried their best to give her rest and make her eat on time and take supplements on time. With passing days, her body was changing, her emotions was changing. She was becoming sadder day by day, she didn't know why there was this deep grief in her heart. One day she was sitting on the carpet near the bed, her back supported by the bed frame as she stared at her hands. Her eyes roamed across the lines on her hands, some deep , some shallow, some forming a cut and some determining her fate. The mehndi which was always present on her hands was faded now, splotchy on some places. She mulled over her thoughts with eyes.
What was in these hands now? Where was she? A daughter of a poor woman and now she was a poor woman too. She was poor because there was nothing in her hands. She was alone. No one who loved her, no one who would get worried over her slightest frown. She compared herself to her mother, atleast her mother had her Baba. She had watched their love with her own eyes. Her mother had her. Her mother had friends in the haveli. Then she had Yahya. But Hemayal, she didn't have anyone. Amma was not there, Yahya was equal to not being there. She loved Yahya and she was grateful to Allah that He had granted her the man she loved. But a little part of her wanted someone to be completely her's, that would chose her even when the world was ending. Would Yahya ever chose her over Neha? Never.

She placed her hand on her stomach. This child was her everything. It was everything and she would protect it with her life. She will forget what Neha said, she had to. Or she had to fight for her baby.

The door opened and Yahya came into the room. Hemayal laid a glance on his looked away, placing her hands in her laps as he assessed her. Walking towards her, he sat down on his knees.

" Tum kabhi apni zuban sey mjhey kuch nahi kaho gi, haina?"

He raised her head with his finger at her chin and she looked at him befor looking away, a tear finally slipping down her cheek.

" Aur tumhari aankhein hi shikayat kar kar k mjhey maar dein gi."

Hemayal placed her hair behind her ears, ignoring him like he didn't say anything.

" Mayal, hua kya hai? Kyun itni udaas rehti ho? Aaj bta dau."

Hemayal saw the request in his eyes and she stared at him, trying to gauge whether he was sincere or not. Then there were tears in her eyes before she even opened her mouth,
" Mjhey darr hai."

" Kis cheez ka darr?"
He sat beside her on the floor, rubbing his thumb across her hand in a a calming motion.

Hemayal bit her lip to control her sob and he tried to pull her into him by placing a hand on her shoulder but she resisted.

" Aap mjhey chhor dein gey. Jab mera - bacha paida hojaye ga, aap ussey mjh sey m-mjh sey ley lain gey."

Yahya held her close as she broke down, he slowly rubbed her back as she cried.

" Main marr jaun gi.. mey bta rahi hun mey marr jaun gi."

Yahya shushed her her up, placing a finger to her lips but she pushed his hand away. She wanted everything out now.

" Mey aap sey mohabbat karti hun, aap nahi kartay. Menay kabhi kuch nahi kaha. Lekin Allah ney meray saath aisay kyun kiya? M-menay tau boht duaeyin ki thi.. lekin phir bhi mey akeli hun aur wo mjhe sey mera bacha bhi chheen ley gi.."