Maaya couldn't stop crying. She was going through something inexplainable, a feeling which was worst than a heartbreak.
People say love is a emotion that makes a person complain, it's makes a person's soul complete. To love is the reason from the creation. People say when you love, you become the happiest you ever been in. Just the feeling of love takes someone to the ninth cloud.
But worse is the heartbreak of being in love. Never knowing if you will ever get their love back, never being brave enough to open you heart in front of them. Fear comes hand in hand with unreciprocated love.

The emotions which erupted inside her as she bared her soul to him, they say eyes are the windows to the soul, she felt euphoric. As he looked into her eyes, the confusion in his was enough to make her heart heavy.

How cruel it was that you love a person more than your life and they, they are so ignorant of it.

Three days passed with her trying to control her heart but she didn't know why she was so emotional that she couldn't stop crying. She saw his confused face after he sae her swollen eyes. He even texted her,
" Tum theek ho?"
But she didn't reply. She wanted to, how could she keep him waiting? But she didn't want to remove the little touch of happiness she had in her heart that he cared. He cared enough to check up on her. She held the moment he had looked into her eyes so close to her heart, yet it filled her with an unexplainable grief.

یہ عشق بھی کیا سزا ہے
ایک پل میں خوش تو دوسرے میں آنکھ نم

A day later, she was subjected to more heartbreak. She had heard Saira talk about her cousin Sara being her bhabi.
She was going through her the mehndi when she saw Hussain's mother talking to Sara, she looked very pretty in her magenta frock. Then she him welcoming her warmly, smiling so consistently as he talked to her.

It hurt like hell, when she saw him smile at her again and again. Everyone thought that they looked perfect together but Maaya found them to be absolutely deplorable together.

  وجہ حسد ہے نفرت ہے یا صرف محبت؟
لیکن محبوب کو کسی اور کے ساتھ مسکراتا
دیکھا نہیں جاتا۔

She was sitting in the backyard, on the bench in a corner so that she was hidden from anyone from the house. Inside, everyone was dancing to the loud tunes, laughing while she was sitting there, celebrating her ishq.

Tears fell from her eyes uncontrollably, it was painful to even hear another name attached to his. It was painful to bear that another pair of eyes had absorbed that sight, of him looking down at them while he smiled with those dimples.

She broke a petal from the rose she held in her hand, her churriyan making a tinkling sound as she threw the petal away in the night. The moon shined down at her as her moistened eyes glimmered, her fingers fingering another petal to break.