-غزل -

غزل

(Gazal)

Part 1

A story of moonlight, stars and a gazal.

———

کسی شاعر کی غزل
جو دے روح کو سکون کے پل
کوئ مجھ کو یوں ملا ہے
جیسے بنجارے کو گھر

The morning dawned upon Islamabad with beauty and grace, the sun slowly turning every drop of darkness into light, the cold winter morning air wafting around the houses with the scent of freshly bloomed flowers.

" Hadi, behn ko uski dost k ghar chhor aana."

" Jee, ammi."

" Hadi, meray saath office chalna aaj."

" Jee, chachu."

" Hadi mamu, menay icesheem thaani haii!"

" Itni subah nahi, Rafay, shaam ko chalain gay."

Hadi took the last sip of his tea and put the white tea cup back on the table where everyone was having their breakfast. Dressed in a checkered button down and casual jeans, he was ready for the day with his brown mop of hair brushed back neatly but they got messy as always as he ran his fingers through them. The sunlight streamed into the room through the giant windows, illuminating a vast pristine kitchen and dining area.

Hadi climbed the stairs to his room, slipping into his loafers before going to his desk. The room was grey but the giant windows let the sunlight in, making it airy and bright. Taking his wallet, he started to rummage through his bag pack when he heard a sleepy voice,

" Hadi chachu! Menay aap kay saath sona hai.."

Hadi turned around and bent down in front of his tiny angel, a tiny little girl of two and half years who was his brother's daughter. Balloon cheeks, soft wispy curly hair and cute dimples of both cheeks when she smiled. Hadi opened his arms for her and she ran into them, sticking her hands around his neck.

" Soyi kyun nahi abhi tak, Meerab?"
He patted her back, her curls tickling his cheek.

" Aap k saath chachu!"
She tightened her hold on him and he stood up wrapping his arms around her to support her as she hung like a monkey. This tiny little girl had his jaan in her muthi. Whenever she hugged him like this, sticking to him so weightlessly, it made his heart melt with warmth.

" Magar chachu tou ja rahay hain abhi."

" Meerub ko chol k?" (chhor)
He smiled at her cuteness.

" Meerub abhi soa jaye gi, phir kab uthay gi tou chachu k saath ice cream khaanay jaye gi. Okay?"

She nodded her head, excitedly like she always did and he kissed her cheek before dropping her on the ground.

" Chachu ka intezaar krogi nah?"

" Yes, chachu!"