2

"Are you counting them again?"

"I find them intriguing."

Buzz. Buzz.

"Oh, it's All Might."

"Stop, don't answer that call. Tonight is our night, remember?"

"Kacchan, it might be urgent."

"Don't you think All Might can handle it himself? He's a big man."

"Kacchan, you don't understand."

"Deku, I planned a whole evening-"

"Hello?"

"Deku,"

"Oh my God, okay, I'll be right there."

"Deku, what about our-?"

"I'm sorry, Kacchan, can we reschedule? All Might needs my help badly."

"Deku-"

"I promise I'll make it up to you."

I jolted awake and hot tears streamed down my face. I still felt the small kiss he planted on my cheek that night. That was the last time I saw him. I should've gone after him and made him stay. God, I was so stupid. I never got to tell him how I felt. I had planned to that night.

I wiped my tears and sniffed. My lamp was still on; I had fallen asleep reading Deku's notebooks. I still had one against my chest, the one I burnt to a crisp when we were kids. He still kept it all these years. I sighed and sat up. I looked at all the notebooks scattered around me on my bed before I picked them all up and piled them on top of each other. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and went to my desk to place the notebooks back in their original spot. I yawned and headed back to my bed to go back to sleep. I turned my body so my back was to the wall and I faced the window. Before I closed my eyes, I saw a flash of green outside my window. Shivers ran down my spine and I wasn't sure why. I sat up once more and walked toward my window and looked out onto the street below. Nothing was there. I was seeing things. Shaken, I went back to bed and turned my back to the window.

"Oh my God!" Mom screamed. "Oh my fucking God!"

"Mom?" I hollered down the stairs.

"Katsuki! Fuck, Katsuki stay here!" She hollered. I ran down the stairs to see her bolting out the door and dad followed in quick pursuit. I bolted out the door and shock coursed through me. The city was on fire, explosions lighting up the air around us. The city was a good distance away, but you could see most of it from my place. Deku's mom opened her house door and ran over to my place.

"Katsuki, you need to stay here!" Inko said.

"Like hell I'm staying here! Deku is out there!" I shouted as I pointed to the city. Inko's face went paler than white and she let go of her grip on my shirt. I raced away from her and boosted myself toward the city and I soon passed my parents.

"KATSUKI I TOLD YOU TO STAY HOME!" Mom screeched.

"TOO FUCKING BAD, HAG, DEKU IS OUT THERE!"

I woke up in a cold sweat. The sun shone in through my window and hit the side of my bed. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I looked around my room before I swung my legs over the side of the bed. My foot landed on something strange on the ground and I looked down and saw a piece of paper underneath it. I bent down and grabbed it and immediately noticed the scribbled-on page.

Did this fall out of the notebook when I put them away last night? I thought. I didn't remember it being ripped out of the spine of the notebook, but I guess it was. I walked to my desk and rummaged around on my desk for the notebook this paged belonged in. It wasn't there. I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced around my room before I found it on my bedside table. When did I put that there? I went to grab it and placed the paper back in its place and put it back on my desk. I turned to my door and exited my bedroom and headed slowly down the stairs.