12

I weakly summoned a taxi and it brought me back to my house. The lights were still on inside even though it was very late. I stepped outside of the taxi and started to head toward my house.

"Hey kid, you gotta pay for riding in a taxi." The driver said. I turned to the driver and stared at him.

"Yeah, sure thing. Uhm," I felt around my pockets for my wallet but I couldn't find it. "I don't have my money."

"Sure kid, I'm not gonna let you off that easy." He said.

"Listen, this is my house. I can go in and get some money and be right back?" I asked. He stared at me for a long moment before he sighed.

"Fine, but make it quick." I nodded and limped my way to the front door. I tried the doorknob but it was locked so I knocked. There was shuffling on the other side of the door and then I heard mom shriek, "OH MY GOD!" The door flew open and I was wrapped in multiple arms. I felt suffocated but I didn't have the strength to fight them off me. My legs buckled underneath me and a bunch of people let go except for mom and dad. Mom cradled me in her arms and I felt myself break down. I started sobbing and shaking in her arms and she held me tightly. I felt stupid and weak for breaking down like this in front of people, but I couldn't hold any of it back. I could've just left Deku to die back there. I just...left him...

Mom noticed the taxi driver and sent dad to go over and pay for my ride home. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I opened my eyes to see Aizawa squatting down to see my face. I was badly beaten up and I still tasted blood in my mouth. My neck and arm both had a large, scabbed hole from the needle Deku stabbed into them at the hospital. My hands were gnarled from whatever Deku did to them before I woke up.

"What happened, kid?" Aizawa asked.

"Not now, Shouta." Mom snapped.

"Mrs. Bakugou-"

"Absolutely not. My son just came home after he was taken by villains when you couldn't save him." Mom snarled.

"Mitsuki." Dad said. "He did his best, he was knocked unconscious too." I stared at Aizawa as he looked away and stood up.

"Let's get him into the house and patch him up. We need to ask him questions to find out where Midoriya is." Aizawa said. "I'm sorry, Mitsuki, but we need to find him before he kills your son." Mom started shaking as she tried her best to hold back tears and she nodded.

"Okay." She said quietly. I looked around me at all the faces of the people who were surrounding me. Some people were standing, others squatting to get closer to me. I noticed Uraraka was watching me with tears streaming down her face and I broke away from mom. I tried my best to get to her, but I could barely move. She noticed my effort and came closer to me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to me and hugged her tightly. She froze in surprise before she hugged me back just as tightly and buried her face in my neck.

"I thought we lost you." She whispered as more tears streamed from her eyes. I stayed silent and just gripped her shirt and hugged her tighter. All I could think about was Deku screaming for me to not leave him. His voice rang through my head and I couldn't shake it no matter how hard I tried. Uraraka gently separated the hug and she smiled weakly at me as she wiped her eyes. "I'm so glad you're okay."

I'm not okay. Was what I wanted to say, but I couldn't open my mouth. I just nodded and looked down. I'm far from okay. Kirishima and Iida bent down and wrapped both of my arms around their shoulders and lifted me up so I could walk into the house. Recovery Girl was inside cleaning up her medical supplies and when she saw me, she dumped it all out and grabbed a chair from the dining room. She didn't notice she grabbed Deku's chair and I refused to sit in it.