11

I woke up feeling heavy. My whole body hurt like a mother fucker and my hands throbbed. I groaned and my head dropped to my shoulder. It felt like millions of weights were added to my limbs to weigh me down. My eyelids felt so heavy that it was almost impossible for me to open my eyes.

"He's awake."

"No, he's not, his eyes are still closed."

"He just made a noise."

"Everyone makes noises when they sleep."

"Shut up."

I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to open my eyes again but instead, my head rolled to the other shoulder.

"Shit, he is awake."

"Where is the Nomu?"

"The kid? I don't know. He was pretty beat up when he got here, maybe he's healing?"

I was finally able to open my eyes for a moment. My vision was incredibly blurry and the dim light in the room seemed to be a million times brighter than it actually was. My head started throbbing from the painful brightness. As my vision slowly started to clear up, I noticed two figures standing before me a few feet away. I could barely make out who they were and they kept their distance away from me. A door leading into the room opened and closed with a loud clank.

"Didn't I tell you to come find me if he wakes up?" This voice was familiar, but my foggy brain couldn't pin-point it.

"Yes, but he only just did a few minutes ago." One of the other voices said.

"Get out of here, you're no help." I could make out more of the figure of the third voice. He wasn't in the darkness like the other two. He wore a tall white mask and a suit. The two others left in a hurry and the third turned to me and made his way closer. He stopped when he was at my feet and he kicked the sole of my foot. "Wake up." He snapped. I tried to look up but my head lolled to the front. He bent down in front of me and grabbed my face and made me look at him. His mask was very familiar. White face and bunny ears, red eyes, grotesque smile.

"D-Deku?" I was able to spit out. He chuckled and grabbed his mask with his other hand and slid it to the side so I could see his face. He was badly bruised and his lip was cut and bloody. His eyebrow was torn and bleeding and he had a gash crossing over his freckles. He smiled and let go of my face. He reached for one of my hands and grabbed it. Pain shot up my arm and I cried out.

"Kacchan." He said softly as his pupils dilated. "Are your hands okay?" I stared at him as he examined my hands with concern laced on his soft face. I looked down at my hands to see them wrapped in soiled bandages that were covered in blood. I looked back at Deku and his pupils had shrunk again. He smiled slightly and reached out for my face. "Can you use your quirk?"

I tried to move my head out of the way of his grip but he grabbed my face and pulled me closer to him so we were inches apart. I growled and tried summoning my quirk but nothing came, not even a single spark.

"Y-you..."

"Hey," He said as he made sure I was looking directly into his eyes as they got wider and his pupils got smaller. "You can't, can you?" His smile slowly started to get wider and wider and more maniacal. Tears formed in my eyes as fear filled me to the brim. He gripped my face harder and pulled me closer. "Oh, Kacchan...does that mean..." He let out an estranged giggle that shook me to my core. "You're quirkless?"

My eyes widened and tears streamed down my face. What did he do to me?! I tried to writhe out of his grip as he started laughing louder and crazier. He lifted his fist and charged up his quirk and my eyes widened even more. He threw his fist at me and I wretched my head out of his grip and he hit the wall instead of me. The wall behind me exploded and crumbled as it left a hole where my head was just moments before. I pushed the smaller boy off me and struggled to get up before he was back on his feet, quick and nimble. He charged up his quirk in his leg and slammed his foot down onto my head and sent me back onto the floor which created a massive indent in the concrete. I cried out in pain and tried to lift myself up, but I had no strength to do so. He laughed and sent a charge of electricity down onto me and I screamed as my body was electrocuted.