5

I felt like a child.

Every night I had nightmares about Deku's death. I relived breathing in the horrible gaseous fumes from one villain to be exploded by another which blew the greenette to pieces...And the last piece I had of him I gave to his mother. I felt selfish for wanting it back, but I knew she needed it more than I did. But still...

It felt incredibly weird knowing that I wasn't ever going to see that boy again. I saw him every day of my life from when we were four, for crying out loud. Things changed so suddenly. I should've just told him how I felt instead of letting him get passed me to help All Might. I should've done a lot of things, including apologize for all the horrible things I said and did to him. His dying memories of me were most likely all horrible and shitty. The amount of times I told him to go die growing up; I never meant them, and he knew it. I took advantage of him, took him for granted. And how he was actually gone. I'd never see him again or felt him hug me when I didn't want to be touched. I woukd never hear his voice as he called out to me at UA. Never again would I see his smile...

I sniffed and forcefully wiped away my tears. I'm not a cry baby and I needed to take my mind off Deku. I reached for my phone and rubbed my eyes as a yawn escaped my lips. I wanted to go somewhere, somewhere I wouldn't be reminded of Deku. At this point, it was a little impossible. Everywhere reminded me of that freckle faced moron. He was everywhere I went; every person was Deku. I rubbed my eyes harder and clicked on Kirishima's number and shot him a text.

Me: I need something to do. My nightmares are going to drive me off a building.

Shitty Hair: Jesus, don't kill yourself.

Me: It was a joke, Shit Face.

Shitty Hair: Right. What do you want to do?

Me: I don't know.

SH: So helpful.

Me: Thanks.

SH: Wanna go for a drive? We can hit up that really old diner for some late-night pancakes.

Me: Dude, it's not even nighttime. It's only one.

SH: Fuck. Still wanna get some pancakes?

Me: How about burgers?

SH: Even better.

Me: Meet up or pick up?

SH: Meet up.

I stood up, slid my phone into my back pocket, and exited my room. I rubbed my eyes again and grunted. I felt extra groggy from a nap I took earlier this morning. I headed down the stairs and turned toward the front door. I grabbed my keys and my jacket as I reached for the doorknob.

"I'm heading out for a bit, I'll see you guys later." I said to mom.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"For a drive."

"Where?" She asked.

"Mom."

"Just answer the question, Katsuki." She sighed.

"Kirishima and I are going to get food, Jesus." I grumbled.

"See? Was that so hard?" She asked. I scoffed and turned toward the door to leave. "I love you!" She shouted as I opened the door. I stuck out my hand and flipped my middle finger at her before I exited the house. I closed the door and didn't pay any attention to her loud ass shouts. I unlocked my car and got in. The cold air flowed into the car as I shut the door and I shivered and turned on my car. I jacked up the heat on high and shivered more as it blew cold air at first. Fall hit like a fucking truck a few days previously which gave us plenty of rain to make this week even more depressing. As soon as my car was warmed up, it started pouring so I turned on my windshield wipers before I backed out of the driveway. The clouds in the sky looked ominous and more toward the city I saw lightning followed by a far away rumble of thunder. The rain poured harder and beat on my windows. I turned my windshield wipers on their highest setting but it was still hard to see. I turned on my headlights just in time to spot a car swerve straight for me in traffic. Eyes wide, I swerved out of the way and hydroplaned and skidded off the road. My car spun into mud and jerked to a stop.