6

I turned in the direction that the person fled from the car accident and left Kirishima and mom as I chased after them.

"KATSUKI!" Mom yelled after me. I ignored her and kept running.

Deku. His name raced through my mind and repeated with each stomp my foot landed onto the ground. Deku. I saw him through the rain, but he was just a silhouette. It had to be him. His eyes were emerald. I recognized those eyes.

"BAKUGOU!" This time it was Kirishima who yelled, but I ignored him too. I gained speed on Deku and got close behind his silhouette. It had to be him. It had to. I was close enough to reach out my hand and touch his shoulder, but I didn't. Instead, I drew back my hand and powered up my quirk and shot a flaming ball of heat toward him. He cried out in pain as he fell to the ground and into a puddle. I slowed down and came to a stop right above his body as he struggled to sit up after he landed face first in gravel and dirty water. His back and clothes were scorched and he struggled to square his shoulders. As he started to stand up more, I placed my foot on his back and forced him back onto the ground. He fell back into the puddle with a loud splash and a grunt of pain.

"Who the fuck are you?" I snarled as I leaned down so my knee was against my chest. He started to chuckle and then his chuckles turned into laughter. Chills ran down my spine and I pushed down on him harder with my foot. "WHO ARE YOU?!" I screamed. He grunted again and tried to lift himself up more, but only got up enough to turn his head to the side. He giggled.

"Ow, Kacchan, that's not how you treat old friends~!" His voice hit me like a truck and his words vibrated through me. He looked at me with his big emerald eye, but something wasn't quite right about his stare.

Before I could think more of it, his hand reached back and grabbed my ankle and he pulled my leg sideways which sent me falling onto the ground. I landed on my wrist to break my fall and felt it snap as something broke. I grunted in pain and tears formed in my eyes. I looked over at the boy as he stood up. He powered up his quirk in his right arm and sent it flying right into my face.

"BAKUGOU!" Kirishima screamed. Deku's fist collided with my face and I felt my body go flying off to the side of the road before everything went black.

_

I woke up in my mom's car in the backseat with Kirishima holding my head in his hands. My mom sped through traffic and swerved violently around potholes. I tried to speak, but the worst fucking pain I had ever felt rushed from my jaw all the way down my neck and into my ears. I groaned and winced.

"You're awake!" Kirishima said as his hands tightened around my head. Pain coursed through me from his grip near my jaw hinges and I tried to swat his hands away, but he fought me to keep my hands down. "Stop it! Your jaw is dislocated, I'm keeping it still so it doesn't worsen!"

My jaw is dislocated? I closed my eyes from the intense pain and gripped my jeans. I burnt holes through them.

"Katsuki, do you remember what happened?" Mom asked as she looked at me through the rearview mirror. I thought long and hard about her question. What did happen? My head throbbed and I closed my eyes again. I remembered getting stuck in mud and mom and Kirishima had come to get me...everything else is a blur.

"I don't think he does." Kirishima said.

"Shit, he might have a concussion, too." Mom said. She floored it and screeched into the other lane and passed a whole bunch of cars before she exited the highway. "We're almost there, baby."

Almost where? I had absolutely no idea where I was going and I couldn't for the life of me think of what place we would be going to. Inko's place, maybe? No, she was staying with us...right?