8

There were paramedics and police and firemen everywhere. Newscasters were scattered everywhere around the scene trying to get the best angle of the destroyed mall. Many news reporters tried talking to me, but after about two I refused to talk. I already gave my witness statement to the police and asked them to keep me anonymous. I was tired of answering questions. Uraraka and Iida were answering all the questions after I refused to speak and Kirishima was too shocked to even open his mouth. I was asked privately by a few police officers to describe the attackers, but I only saw him. Without thinking, I gave them the description and immediately regretted it afterwards. Mom and Inko would see this on the news.

"Please don't say I gave you this information." I croaked.

"You'd rather stay anonymous?" The sketch artist asked. I nodded and rubbed my eyes. Paramedics took care of my wrist after they cut off my destroyed cast, but they didn't have the full supplies to cast up my wrist fully. I needed to go to the doctor again, but for the moment my wrist was in a splint. Mom was going to kill me. I broke my wrist even more and smacked my head on the ground which probably worsened my concussion. She would never let me out of the house until my body had healed.

Uraraka came over and sat down next to me on the back of an ambulance where the paramedics sat me as they tended to my injuries. She brushed her fingers against a spot on my face that had soot on it from when I went charging into stores to help people.

"You could've gotten yourself killed." She said.

"I don't think Deku would've let me die." I said.

"We don't know that..." She said quietly as she looked down. I looked down at my hands and fiddled with my fingers. She was right, we didn't know that. But if he wanted me dead, he would've done it right then and there.

"I don't think he's capable of killing." I said.

"He's capable of anything he sets his mind to." She said. "You saw his quirk, what was that?"

"I don't know, but whatever it was, I don't think it was his." I said.

"How could it not be his?" She asked.

"I don't know..." I said. "It was a lot stronger than what it used to be."

We both looked over at the mall to see the metal poles still surging with the green electricity that came from Deku. The building was still smoking and heroes were rushing in and out with firemen to get people out of the building while more powerful heroes fought the villains inside.

"If only All Might was here..." Uraraka said. I looked at her just as she wiped a tear from her face.

"Don't think like that, it'll only make you feel worse." I said as I wiped another tear from her cheek. She sniffed and leaned into me and rested her head on my shoulder. I could tell by her small shivers that she was suppressing more tears than she was showing. I knew she must be hurting from the idea of Deku coming back only to be a villain. It was shocking to me, too. I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes.

"Hey, I'm going to go help get more people out, they need someone who is quick." Iida said as he jogged up to us.

"What? It's dangerous in there!" Uraraka said as she sat up.

"I know, but they need help." Iida said.

"Let me come with you, I can help lift heavy objects!" Uraraka stood up and clenched her fists as she eagerly offered the help.

"No, you need to stay here. They can't risk more than one of us." He said.

"Iida, you guys will need my help-"