7

Heading home hurt like a mother fucker. Mom kept hitting every bump the road provided, giving me a massive headache, and then she kept apologizing which made my headache worse. My MRI scans had come back hours earlier and I definitely had a concussion on top of a broken wrist and a fractured jaw. Fantastic. I was so ready to be home and away from the bright hospital. I wanted to sleep more than anything.

Kirishima was watching me like I was a piece of glass about ready to shatter at any moment and it was pissing me off. I glared at him, but he never broke his stare.

"I still can't get over what you said back there." Mom said. "You boys are going to cause some real hurt if you bring that up to Inko."

"We won't bring it up to Inko." I said.

"That's Mrs. Midoriya to you, Katsuki." Mom said. I rolled my eyes and looked at Kirishima who was chuckling to himself.

"I saw what I saw, mom." I said.

"Yes, but you also have a concussion which means you probably just thought you saw him and your mind is playing tricks on you." She said. I rolled my eyes again.

"Then why did Kirishima also see him, hm?" I asked.

"It was pouring down rain, he probably just thought he did." Mom said.

"I'm right here, Mrs. Bakugou." Kirishima said. "I know what I saw."

"He also had the same quirk as Deku." I said.

"Katsuki, quirks don't belong to just one person. Many people have the same quirks as each other, I mean Eijiro's quirk is the same as that other kid's in your school." Mom said.

"Tetsutetsu has a steel quirk." Kirishima said.

"Same difference." Mom said. "Anyway, it wasn't him."

"You don't know that." I said.

"I know enough. You two are grieving over a friend; you're bound to see him everywhere." She said. "I'm sorry, but it's true. I would strongly advise you two to keep this story to yourselves. The last thing we need is a silly story making rumors about Inko's son." I huffed and crossed my arms. Deku was still alive, I knew he was. I just needed to prove it...somehow...

Mom pulled into our driveway and stopped the car. Kirishima got out and came around to my side of the car and helped me out. My head was throbbing and it was hard to walk. The rain had passed and all that was left was a dark sky and puddles everywhere. I heard the small splashes our shoes made in the water as we walked to the front door. Slowly but surely, I got into the house. Dad rushed over and replaced Kirishima and lead me to the couch. As dad helped me sit down, Inko came running over with concern written all over her face.

"What happened? Are you alright? Did you see who did this to you?" Words spilled from her mouth faster than I could comprehend and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and pain. Mom looked at me in concern, but her eyes hinted warning in how I should respond to Inko's questions. I sighed and rubbed my eyes with my good hand.

"No, I couldn't see who it was." I lied. Mom relaxed her shoulders and grabbed Inko's arm. Kirishima looked at me and shook his head slightly because of my blatant lie. Mom was right, it would be cruel to bring up Deku right now; Inko was having a harder time than I was. But I knew what I saw and I wasn't alone. He had been targeting me. He came to my home, destroyed my car, and almost killed me. Whoever this was, real Deku or not, he was targeting me. I needed to find out why...

_

"Bakugou, are you sure you should be out like this when you have a concussion?" Iida asked as he trotted alongside me. Kirishima looked freaked out from my current state and he exchanged glances with Uraraka.