4

Home. When did I get home? How long had I been in bed?

I sat up from my bed and looked around the room and outside my window. It was dark out, which meant I had been asleep-or blacked out-for most of the day since the restaurant. I felt gross and my teeth tasted like vomit, so I got up and wobbled to my bathroom to brush my teeth. I spent a long time brushing my teeth, my mind flashing between moments related to Deku's death.

"Hero, of course." His eyes lit up at every mention of him being a hero. With his quirk being a late bloomer, he loved finally being able to perform heroic acts and save people. He loved doing everything good...

"DEKU!" The explosion was loud and left me partially deaf. All Might saw it happen too and he yelled for Deku to respond. I had jumped into the smoke and debris with All Might yelling at me to get away, but I wasn't going to leave Deku there to die. I looked around me with my eyes squinted as I frantically searched for the boy, but he was nowhere to be found. His blood was stained on some debris on the ground and pieces of his torn suit rested on the destroyed earth...

"A memorial service will be held to honor our fallen heroes, All Might and Deku..."

I bent over the sink and spit out the toothpaste. Blood filled my saliva and I stared at it for a long moment before I looked at myself in the mirror. I opened my mouth and pulled down on my lip to reveal my bloody gums. I must've brushed my teeth too hard. I bent down and drank water directly from the sink and swished it around in my mouth to rinse out the blood, but the cold water stung my gums. I sighed and spit back into the sink and more blood tainted my saliva. I yawned as I put away my toothbrush and toothpaste and I scratched my stomach as I walked back to my room. I brushed my other hand against the wall as a guide through the darkness.

Once in my room, I flopped onto my bed and closed my eyes and my body became lead, ready for sleep, but my mind wasn't ready to let me succumb to sleep's blanket. I tossed and turned and tried to find the comfiest spot, but no matter how hard I tried, my mind would not give in and let me have some peace. I still tasted blood.

It's your fault he's dead. If you'd have done a good job to keep him with you, he would still be here right now.

That's not true.

What's not true? That he'd still be here?

No. It's not my fault.

You're right. It's All Might's. The old fucker dragged him into that mess and got him killed. All Might should've been the only one to die. Deku didn't deserve to die.

"Deku." I whispered. I opened my eyes and turned my head in the direction of my window and looked out into the darkness. "I'm so sorry."

There were screams everywhere. Explosions around every corner, closing in on UA. There wasn't just one villain, there was a whole gang of them. I hurried to UA to get there before Deku was in anymore danger. All Might should've known better than to bring Deku into a fight like this! This wasn't a job for a damn eighteen-year-old!

I flew myself through the smoke as I coughed and squinted to see where I was going. I had to get there, fast! There were more and more screams from down below on the streets and blood squelched as people got injured or killed by a villain roaming close by. I shamefully ignored the trouble below me to reach Deku. He was more important.

Finally, I breeched through the smoke and saw the top of UA. Such a tall ass school, but that wasn't important. On the steps leading up to the school I spotted Deku running toward All Might as he fought a villain I had only seen once before.