3

Sheer shock filled my veins when I saw his mask. How was it there? Had it been there since the accident? Did it really blow this far away from where he...?

I shoved Uraraka off me and walked up to the pole as my heart raced and my gut clenched.

"Bakugou, what're you...oh..." Denki said as he looked up at the pole. Everyone else looked up where I was looking and Iida gagged.

"Holy shit." Kirishima whispered. "Is that...?"

"It is." I croaked out. My throat was suddenly very dry.

"Holy shit." Kirishima repeated. Uraraka came up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Bakugou, do you want me to carry you up there to get it?" She asked softly. I looked at her and nodded. I needed his mask so I could bring it somewhere safe. She nodded and put her fingers together and closed her eyes. Soon, I was lifted off the ground and sent higher and higher until I reached his mask. I grabbed it and Uraraka brought me down. I felt the smooth fabric in my hands and tears welled in my eyes. I clutched it tightly and looked away from everyone. I turned toward the crowd of people that surrounded the shrine and made my way toward it with my friends on my heel. I shoved my way through the crowd and ignored people's annoyances until I broke through and saw the thousands of flowers and gifts that surrounded a large picture of All Might. Beside All Might's picture was a smaller one of Deku in his school uniform. Surrounding his picture were about twenty bouquets and a few presents. In front of his picture was a plush someone made of his hero suit. More tears welled up from sadness and anger at how little he was given compared to All Might. He was important too. I walked up the stairs of the school to Deku's picture and sat down in front of it and stared at it.

"Hey man, you can't just sit there!" Someone shouted. I turned around and fire blazed in my eyes. I stared at the girl who said this to me with pure hatred and malice. Her eyes filled with fear and she backed away before she ran out of my line of sight. I turned back around to Deku's picture and sighed. A few tears dripped down my cheeks as I reached out and touched the picture and wished it was him in person. I wiped my eyes when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Todoroki, tears in his own eyes.

"We all wish he was here with us still." He said. I sniffed and nodded as I wiped away more tears.

"He's gone, he's really gone..." I looked down at the mask in my hands and watched a few tears drip onto it. I inhaled shakily and wiped my nose on my arm before I stood up and stared at his picture again. "It infuriates me that he doesn't have more." I said. Todoroki scoffed.

"Me too." He said. I looked at him as he created a bouquet out of ice and placed it beside Deku's picture. He wiped his eyes discreetly before he turned around and walked down the stairs. It took me longer than him to go back to my friends, but I did eventually. Uraraka wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. We never were good friends, she and I. But when Deku died, we just softened up toward each other to help each other grieve. She had been incredibly kind through my incredibly rough stages of grief which definitely included exploding everything. I hugged her back tightly and buried my face in the crook of her neck. She felt my body shake as I tried to suppress tears and she gently rubbed my back to comfort me.

"How about we go get lunch?" Kirishima asked. "On Deku."

We arrived at a restaurant Momo said was really good and I shoved Deku's mask into my pocket as we entered. Asui and Ashida talked to the hostess for a seat and we were taken back instantly. The hostess sat us at our table, gave us all menus, and left us to make our decisions. I sat there and stared at the menu for a really long time. I didn't have much of an appetite, so I skimmed my eyes along the jumbled letters. After a bit, our waiter came to take our order. His voice was very familiar and I looked up and stared at him with wide eyes.